Any Quest News?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
OK, now that Mr Stine has purchased QUEST, has anyone heard of any new releases, or changes?

AFAIK, MMX rockets wil not be made by "toybiz". That's all I know, as I do not usually buy Quest products.

Correct, Bill Stine purchased QUEST from Toybiz. I have high hopes!!

Originally posted by Mike
OMG they have a website!
At last!! :D Lets hope this is the first of many steps in the right direction; along with charging an employee to keep an eye on this site, and EMRR, so they can get some customer feedback.

Bill has committed to a number of changes to the micro-maxx line, there may be a time lag between toy-biz dumping all there stock, "complete starter sets w/motors for 5.00" and the release of some updated system, new igniters and more models. with an emphasis on lighter weight. He has assured Doug Pratt who is now a stocking distributor of micro-maxx motors, and Quest products that Quest has "plenty" of motors in stock to last through the change over period. Exactly what is planned is not open to the public :( I'm very encouraged by his tone and committment with regard to Micro's.. they will be staying around.

I hear a web site is in the works.

Well, I must say that I do find QUEST's website more to the point, more in formative, and much easier to navigate then ESTES' website!!

:D

Also, based on the snips I have been able to gather, esp that Micro Maxx is still on and Bill's statement that QUEST is out of the 'TOY BIZ' and he will be taking it 'back to the hobbyist' I am very excited.

ESTES: Watch Out !!

When I was a kid and in my first incarnation as a rocketeer, I didn't like Quest kits. The one I had bought was fairly large and had cardboard fins, for goodness sake! That is a little too lightly built, even for some of our "build em light, send em to the stratosphere and watch em float for a half hour into the trees on a chute that is twice as big as it needs to be crowd" here on TRF.
The last kit of theirs I bought was a Nike Smoke a couple of years ago, and the NC was crap. I hope the quality goes up a few notches.

WOW!! I have never seen a cardboard finned QUEST rocket. Only Balsa or PLastic. Almost all of the plastic parts are from the old MPC line from the early 1970's. I have been pretty pleased with their kits, and motors.

What was wrong with the n/c on the Nike Smoke?

rbeckey

ever built the Big Betty? Great Kit, imo. Its vey similar to the Big Bertha only the betty has 3 fins and is a tad smaller.

The Big Betty... there was an interesting stroy I heard about the Big Betty. Supposedly, Vern Estes said at a NARAM that Big Betty was a, um.... well.... a 'dancer' in Texas, and the rocket was named for her, but the name was altered a bit to Big Bertha. Supposedly someone from QUEST was present at the time this story was told.....

I have one of these kits waiting in line to be built.

My oldest son is interested in the Big Betty, so I might try it.

The Nike Smoke NC I got did not align properly when glued together, and the plastic was different than Estes. It was more brittle and in fact the point broke off after a few flights. A little later I had a motor with little or no ejection and when the rocket hit one of the fins cracked off. RIP. I have seen an Alpha III come in hot and not lose fins.

I have built quite a few Quest kits and the only problems I have seen are 1. I could put my finger through the Big Betty nosecone(walls too thin) 2. I didn't like the centering rings on the Icarus, they looked too flimsy but I didn't need them cause I put a 24mm MMT in it. Other then that I have been very happy with the Quest kits.

Latest posts

Back