Any feedback on Expression Web 3 by MS?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
Any thoughts? I just previewed this and so far think it is the direction for me to go.

Nick

*note some of my tools stopped working when I switched to Vista.

Any thoughts? I just previewed this and so far think it is the direction for me to go.

EW3 is at least the equal to DW, and has some interesting capabilities including SuperPreview, and includes the Design and Encoder apps (earlier versions of Web did not, and you had to buy the full Studio). It impressed a bunch of jaded (and Mac-centric) designers at a presentation to a recent web design group meeting here in Atlanta.

Alas, since my interest is less in wysiwyg design (I can hand-code HTML thankyouverymuch) and more in Silverlight development, I'll have to upgrade to Expression Studio 3 to get Blend, which sucks since I just got Studio 2 four months ago! They will be making releases each year for the foreseeable future. Macromedia had been on a every-two-year cycle which was manageable. Not sure what Adobe has been doing, but it seems like they're getting close to a release per year, so they're comparable on that as well.

Thanks. I purchased EW3 for $79 (Upgrade) which you can do with ANY MS Office Products.

Now experimenting....

Thanks,
Nick

Latest posts

Back