Animal Motor Works?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocSeuss

Reaction score
I placed an order for about $654 from Animal Motor Works a while ago. Got a receipt from Paypal but nothing from his site. The receipt doesn't list the rockets.

Heard nothing. Reached out through Facebook and Email. Finally opened a Paypal dispute.

He wrote back and told me there had been a family tragedy. I'd just had one myself (my adoptive big sister passed unexpectedly), so I completely understood. He said he'd get the rockets shipped out.

I was able to dig into the rockets yesterday. The LOC Wolverine he sold me had some creasing on the tube, so I got ready to email him about it... but then I got to looking at the dollar amount. And the price of the rockets. And realized one of the rockets, an LOC Goblin, was not included in the shipment. I'd heard that LOC sometimes dropships kits, and I know Madcow does, so I'm not too bothered if it's late, but I would like to know the status of my kit. I was gonna make either the Wolverine or the Goblin my L1 kit this fall.

So I added the rockets to my cart just to be sure:
1716427946479.png

As you can see, that doesn't add up to the $650, even with shipping.

1716427987020.png
Add the Goblin and with shipping, that's closer to what I paid.

So I tried to log into my account, but I get this error message:

1716428089763.png

Reviews about Robert seem to be highly favorable, and I've had occasional shipping mistakes before, but I need to get in touch with him to resolve this. I don't know if this is a bug or what. I just want to get a receipt for the rockets for my tax reasons, and if I am, in fact, missing an LOC Goblin, I'd really like that. I'd also really like to know if I could build this LOC Wolverine or will need to get a replacement tube. Does anyone know of a good way to get in touch with him?

Did you try [email protected] ?
PM me your contact info and the order number. I'll let him know.
A few orders had errors while he had a part-time person taking care of the shipping.
Yes, I emailed him there. He only replied after I posted the Paypal resolution. I worried that his store didn't exist when I never got any communication from them, not even a receipt, just the Paypal one, so when he replied to the dispute I was very happy to know he was still in business.

I bought a motor case from him a little over a week ago, got it the next business day. He's definitely still in business. Most rocketry vendors flat-rate the shipping, then refund any difference. Especially if you have large items or motors on your order, the shipping can seem very high... but you'll get back the excess.

I bought a motor case from him a little over a week ago, got it the next business day. He's definitely still in business. Most rocketry vendors flat-rate the shipping, then refund any difference. Especially if you have large items or motors on your order, the shipping can seem very high... but you'll get back the excess.
I made my purchase on April 28th. When he replied, I was glad to know he was still in business. I recall buying the Goblin, and ~$70 was the shipping rate, which comes out to the $650. I'm just trying to get a hold of him to log into my account and find out what happened to the Goblin (hopefully just a dropshipping issue!) and if this Wolverine needs new tubes or not.

I'm not here to complain, I'm just laying out what happened and trying to figure out how to get in touch with him! I figured some of you might know!

Last edited:
Back