Quantcast

alert --- fin align guide on ebay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Stymye

Reaction score
they are becoming scarce
actually It's not hard to homebuild one for less money .of course some people like to collect these oop items...I have been contemplating
offering a simular guide for sale...I still have annother month of long hrs at work so, it would be summer before I have time to offer it

I do have the design and most of the materials ready and may send a couple out to beta test as well...I'll post to TRF when I have more to offer

shockwaveriderz

Reaction score
anybody want to pay $35 for mine? Its hardly been used at all...... includes the 3 engine casings, instructionss and casing wrapping... been sitting up in the closet for a year now...I also can get hold of an Estes altitrack if anybody wants one of those........

Gus

Reaction score
Shockie,

I'd like to buy that fin guide. i'll send you a private message to arrange details.

Gus

llickteig1

KLOUDBusters Chief Logistician
Reaction score
Whoa ... $51 for this thing. Estes might consider putting these babies back in production if they fetch that sort of attention.

Or maybe I should do it! <G>

--Lance.

wwattles

Reaction score
I got mine for $49, but it was "slightly used." It had some residues on it from where someone accidentally glued their fin to the guides, but those were easily sanded off.

I chuckled to myself about how silly it would be to slop glue onto the guides. 3 hours later I was prying a fin off of a guide, chuckling to myself about how silly I was, too.

Take heed of my chuckles, all ye Fin Alignment Guide users!

WW

Silverleaf

Reaction score
Paid 55 for mine, but it is in mint condition, and is mounted on a lovely piece of Zebra Wood, sanded edges and a perfect fit for the base.

In all honesty, I didn't wamnt to pay that much, but have seen the price jumping on Ebay.

*shrugs* ..That piece of wood was worth the money alone. 8)

I've considered resin casting this for the TRF family, but need to get some experience with Alumilite before I mess everything up. lol