Aerotech E30-7T Enerjet Delay Reduction

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeFilgas

The Mighty Saturn V Apollo XI
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, brand new to composite motors so please be kind. I thought I was getting a 4 second delay when I ordered this set from Apogee, but it is a 7 second delay. Can this motor be “drilled” out to reduce the delay? Apogee has a universal jig, but also needs some sort of other calibration tool to work. Looking for some guidance and hoping I just didn’t waste $46 on motors I can’t use. Thank you!791414AF-7A1F-4497-96B6-6F53BA014FF2.jpeg

No, you can not officially adjust the delay on the EnerJet Single Use motors. There is NO-TOOL for adjusting type of motor.

Trade with someone for -4 motors, or use it as an excuse to build a lighter rocket...

[Yes you can at your own risk, and voiding your NAR / Tripoli insurance coverage for that flight, because it's a non- approved motor modification.]

You could still use these as motor eject backup if you do something like an Eggtimer Apogee to do the deployment at ~4 seconds.

Also, joining the wildman club will pay for itself and more when buying two of those packs of motors compared to what you paid.... you'd be $12 ahead...

Back