Aerotech Delay adjustment ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
1/32" is = to one second on the 24 and 29mm delays going by Aerotech's website.

Question: Using a 3/16" dill bit the V bottom of the bit is 1/16" by itself. Should I measure from the top of the V are at the bottom or the tip of the bit or should I be using a starter bit which is flat besides the little starter tip?

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Flash
1/32" is = to one second on the 24 and 29mm delays going by Aerotech's website.

Question: Using a 3/16" dill bit the V bottom of the bit is 1/16" by itself. Should I measure from the top of the V are at the bottom or the tip of the bit or should I be using a starter bit which is flat besides the little starter tip?

Thanks!!!

Good question! Perhaps Gary will enlighten us? I would think you would measure to the drill point.

I have obtained an 3/16" end mill that I intend to use for doing my delays. The end mill makes a flat-bottom hole instead of a pointy one. I have not tried it yet, however.

A 3/16" endmill is a nice solution. A local machine tooling place probably has them for $5-10. You don't need a carbide one for cutting delays - a HSS one would work.

Edward

Originally posted by edwardw
A 3/16" endmill is a nice solution. A local machine tooling place probably has them for $5-10. You don't need a carbide one for cutting delays - a HSS one would work.
Edward

Clean it off good after use. Propellant residue and moisture is *corrosive*.

Originally posted by asmqajm
Good question! Perhaps Gary will enlighten us? I would think you would measure to the drill point.

I have obtained an 3/16" end mill that I intend to use for doing my delays. The end mill makes a flat-bottom hole instead of a pointy one. I have not tried it yet, however.
You are correct.

Back