Aerotech 29mm RMS hardware.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzviper1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does Aerotech still make the 29mm 40-120 RMS set? They don't list it on their website and it is out of stock everywhere.

I think it’s just an issue of demand really, I’ve seen them start to come back into stock at a number of places now that we’re out of peak launch season. I’m on the lookout for a good deal on a third, can’t beat the versatility of that case for mid power birds... also looking forward to that redline load Chuck teased us with on Facebook for the hobbyline case

Is there any way to see the Wildman Club prices for products even if you're not in the club yet?

Only by calling them or asking someone to look who is a member. I think hobbyline hardware and reloads run 30% off MSRP. And almost everything else on there site is 10% off.

One 29/40-120 and two Non-HAZ reloads and you have paided off the membership and are saving money.

This is how it looks when logged in as a member.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-23-07-32-24.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-23-07-32-24.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 191
Joining the Wildman club was the worst financial decision I ever made. I end up giving Tim all my money because of it. And don’t even get me started on the Black Wednesday and Friday sales. Never visit his website in late November. Never.

But seriously if you know you’re going to make about $300 retail price purchases in motors you will save the cost of the membership. I think with the Hobby Line stuff you might even hit the break even point around $200. Edit: According to the poster above me it looks like you will hit it at well under $200

When I get back to work I am going to try and make a set of 29mm closures out of 6061-T6 AL. I'm a competent machinist and they should be easy parts to make. I may even try to make the casing, but I would have to turn the OD and bore the ID as I have no aluminum tubing that has the correct ID. I don't plan on going into business....liability issues....but if success is mine, I may be able to help out with closures.

Kinda figured out there was a "Caveat" involved, hence the disclaimer. I wouldn't mind getting parts certified through NRA/Tripoli. I'm just a few short years away from retirement and am looking for stuff to make in my retirement career, a small "cottage industry" machine shop other than seal sleeves for Siemens 4.15kw 132M frame motors used by Nucor Steel down in Berkeley County, SC.

Kinda figured out there was a "Caveat" involved, hence the disclaimer. I wouldn't mind getting parts certified through NRA/Tripoli. I'm just a few short years away from retirement and am looking for stuff to make in my retirement career, a small "cottage industry" machine shop other than seal sleeves for Siemens 4.15kw 132M frame motors used by Nucor Steel down in Berkeley County, SC.
I've got some things I want made and an engineer to draft them. Want to play with experimental rocket motor parts? PM me :)

Back