Aero-Tech Wish list

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess I should have used a smilie or something. :);)

Blue thunder doesn't oxidize so I probably don't have anything to worry about. I resealed it sufficiently though, but probably won't have a chance to burn it till RG 11. The rocket I plan to fly in will probably go 6000 ft or more, which is too high for my liking at the MDRA sod farm.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the Huricane motor, but how much would that subtract from the thrust?

Well Fast Jack is a low performing motor, Metalstorm is a low performing motor, the two together would be just terrible, BUT COOL!!!

Well I guess I should have used a smilie or something. :);)

Blue thunder doesn't oxidize so I probably don't have anything to worry about. I resealed it sufficiently though, but probably won't have a chance to burn it till RG 11. The rocket I plan to fly in will probably go 6000 ft or more, which is too high for my liking at the MDRA sod farm.

It doesn't oxidize but it gets hard as a rock, and in some rare situations hard to light (I had a G80 that refused to start. Somebody found it in a box in there garage and gave it to me. I used it in a ufo). I have nice size collection of Blue Thunder grains from motors that coated that I use for igniter boosters. Over time it gets hard to cut chunks off but it still burns well so I still use it.

Does the J180 have a double liner like the WL Long Burns use?

It doesn't oxidize but it gets hard as a rock, and in some rare situations hard to light (I had a G80 that refused to start. Somebody found it in a box in there garage and gave it to me. I used it in a ufo). I have nice size collection of Blue Thunder grains from motors that coated that I use for igniter boosters. Over time it gets hard to cut chunks off but it still burns well so I still use it.

Does the J180 have a double liner like the WL Long Burns use?

It uses just the single phenolic liner that is shown in the picture. The white lightning 54 mm long burners like the J90W use a paper liner inside a phenolic liner, probably because they burn twice as long as the blue thunder J180.

I would really like to see Aerotech come out with a black smoke variant of their Metalstorm propellent. Call it "Hurricane" :)

Metalstorm Dark Matter. They've been demoing it for almost a year now. Looks Great!

Mike

Back