Aeortech F42T-8 Search - Stab In The Dark!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VinceC

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Here is a stab in the dark but I told the Team I would ask. The ARC Team I Mentor qualified for the 2024 Finals and are headed to Virginia this Thursday the 16th. I am very proud of these students. They have put in a lot of time and are learning more than they ever thought! For instance.

They had one of their competition test rockets blow up on the launch pad last week. That was a first. A rocket with about 3-1/2 months worth of test flight behind it. So that was a big learning experience. So they are learning about redundancy, duplicity, and backup!

The design engineers on the Team decided last night they really wanted to test launch an Aerotech F42T-8 motor. Of course with the shipping restrictions on motors and their Thursday departure getting this new motor is not possible. But the team wanted me to "put it out there" to see if anyone near the Albany/New York City, Hudson Valley area of New York might have a few F42T-8 motors to spare/sell?

The Team knows this is a long shot but wanted to try. So thank you to everyone in advance for taking the time to read the post and the opportunity to be part of the Forum.

Vince
Mentor, Onteora Rocket Club
"The Screaming Eagles"

Good Morning,

Here is a stab in the dark but I told the Team I would ask. The ARC Team I Mentor qualified for the 2024 Finals and are headed to Virginia this Thursday the 16th. I am very proud of these students. They have put in a lot of time and are learning more than they ever thought! For instance.

They had one of their competition test rockets blow up on the launch pad last week. That was a first. A rocket with about 3-1/2 months worth of test flight behind it. So that was a big learning experience. So they are learning about redundancy, duplicity, and backup!

The design engineers on the Team decided last night they really wanted to test launch an Aerotech F42T-8 motor. Of course with the shipping restrictions on motors and their Thursday departure getting this new motor is not possible. But the team wanted me to "put it out there" to see if anyone near the Albany/New York City, Hudson Valley area of New York might have a few F42T-8 motors to spare/sell?

The Team knows this is a long shot but wanted to try. So thank you to everyone in advance for taking the time to read the post and the opportunity to be part of the Forum.

Vince
"The Screaming Eagles"
https://www.hobbylinc.com/aerotech-...otors-2-f-composite-model-rocket-engine-64208

Hello Darren,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, we love Hobbylink. Unfortunately with either UPS or Fedex the motors most likely will not arrive before we leave and if they did there would be no time to field test them.
You might want to call Discount Rocketry, they could probably have them to you by Monday if you acted immediatly.

https://www.discountrocketry.com/aerotech-econojet-single-rocket-motor-pack-p-1515.html

760-224-0300

Wildman also has them in stock. @WILDMANRS

Not sure if you meant you needed the motors before you left for the finals, but Ken Allen at Performance Hobbies is planning to go to the finals as a vendor and currently shows the F42-8 in stock on his website.

Good Morning,

Vince
"The Screaming Eagles"
If you cannot connect with Ken (preferred solution, he drops off advance orders with me Friday for delivery Friday evening), then I have two F42-8's in my personal supply that I can make available.

Trip Barber
ARC Contest Director

Latest posts

Back