Adept22 footprint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonH

Reaction score
Does anyone know what it takes to mount an Adept22 altimeter? Things like the rod size and the spacing between the holes?

Trying to get plans ready to make parts at school for my next rocket.

View attachment 94016

Measures 0.9” wide by 0.6” thick by 2.8” long and fits inside a tube with a minimum ID of 1.0” (25.4 mm), It may be mounted to a plate, or flat against a bulkhead in larger diameter tubes.
Weighs only 0.4 ounce (12 grams).

It looks like the barometric sensor is on the top of the board, so, standoff distance shoudlnt be a problem.

I use hex standoff nuts. I dont know what size, but I have a box of them from building PC's. If you have dead PC sitting around, these are the nuts that standoff the motherboard from the case. I epoxy the nut onto the altimeter sled, and then attach the altimeter to the nuts with appropriate little bolts. This works perfect for all my setups. It also means that the altimeter is then removable from the mounting hardware and can be swapped between rockets.

Attachments

• adept22.jpg
    adept22.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Ok wait...I understand the standoff part. But the image does not comply with the text. The image says 28mm, the text says .9 inches. Is the .9 inches the distance between the mounting holes?

I am trying to design an Ebay into the Madcow 4" FG nosecone, shoulder only. That means I am tight on space.

All I get from that is that the mounting holes are 0.09" in diameter, nothing about their spacing.

Sorry about that. I linked the spec sheet for the Adept22 because the picture in Salvage-1's post was for the Dual Deployment Controller not the Adept22. I don't see that Adept Rocketry has the hole spacing for the Adept22 online. I guess a phone call or email to the company is your best bet. The safest thing would be to wait until you get yours. These probably don't change that much but I have built mounts or designed circuit boards for components only to find out when the parts arrive that the foot print changed or the person providing the footprint information measured wrong.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, there's a template in the documentation that comes with the altimeter...

Later!

--Coop

my bad on the measurements. this is more like it

measurements are taken from the Adept22 sat on my desk. Pic is the DD controller to show which measurements go where.

Attachments

• adept22.jpg
    adept22.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 24
You know, I never would have caught the DDC thing. Either way, the measurements look outstanding. I will also be sending an email/calling the company to see if they can send me a template for it too. Either way, thanks for the picture. I can at least get a rough estimate of the pattern of holes I need to drill.

If I am successful, would anyone be interested in the system I machine to do the task? Trying to fit the Adept22 and a 9v battery into the shoulder of the 4" FG nc from Madcow. Which is only about 4" long.

View attachment 94016

It looks like the barometric sensor is on the top of the board, so, standoff distance shoudlnt be a problem.

I use hex standoff nuts. I dont know what size, but I have a box of them from building PC's. If you have dead PC sitting around, these are the nuts that standoff the motherboard from the case. I epoxy the nut onto the altimeter sled, and then attach the altimeter to the nuts with appropriate little bolts. This works perfect for all my setups. It also means that the altimeter is then removable from the mounting hardware and can be swapped between rockets.

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

In general the screw size for this type of board is #2 (2-56) or M3 (M3-0.50). As mentioned, sometimes you can scrape up M3 standoffs and screws from old PCs just know that the most common standoff found is #6-32 and this will likely be too large for any of your boards. Never try to force a machine screw in a circuit board.

Back