Additive Aerospace: THREADED CHARGE CANISTERS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Guys,
This review is unsolicited, but the product was provided for me to test. Don't let that affect your opinion of this review.

I am basing this review on the ground test and single test flight I have performed. The photos are from the product page because mine would not do justice to the quality of this product.

Threaded Charge Canisters by Additive Aerospace
PXL_20210301_020651670_1024x1024.jpg

They arrived about 2-4 weeks ago and were well packaged and protected. I did not originally intend to do a review so I did not do any unpacking photos. Upon unpacking, I was very impressed with the quality. They milled well and are well thought out. The small groove that the base is there to route the e-match wire, but you can also go through the lid. I did not try this. I prefer the slot.

The best part of the canisters is that they use a common low-profile water bottle lid as the top to seal them. It is an ingenious way to encourage us all to drink more water. They are a little expensive, but they can be used over and over again for years to come.

PXL_20210228_213230165_1024x1024.jpg

Rating:
Quality 5/5
Value: 4/5
Design: 5/5
Overall: 4.66/5

The bottom line: These babies work and are worth the cost. They have encouraged me to drink more water to hoard more caps. I am well hydrated and I have these great little canisters for deployment.

Link to purchase: Additive Aerospace Ejection Canisters

Hey CW, I have seen discussion on other threads about poorly completed BP burn with short charge wells. Did you see any evidence of that in your use? I would assume that, if there is no evidence of incomplete burn, the cap retains pressure long enough to ensure a complete burn.

Hey CW, I have seen discussion on other threads about poorly completed BP burn with short charge wells. Did you see any evidence of that in your use? I would assume that, if there is no evidence of incomplete burn, the cap retains pressure long enough to ensure a complete burn.

No, there was no evidence on increased residual BP left over after the use of these,

Hoping to get some real burst pressure data, but I can say with certainty the caps are MUCH better at retaining pressure than the tape typically used on canisters. My initial guess is at least 60psi.

Back