Adding Custom Motors to sims - EU rocketeer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky68

Reaction score
Hey all

I'm new to this site but not at all new to flying rockets. Despite being a frustrated LPR man buried inside an HPR man who actually couldn't even think about composite propellants for decades.
I scratch-build everything I fly because I think that is most of the fun and I suppose when I was young, all I had was a handful of various BP motors and no supplier of Estes in the UK. I am now much older and started playing again as I loved it so much and with age comes extra finances so I'm investing in some really nice kit to build new rockets. I then found OpenRocket but the big issue here is it does not list some of these new and very interesting TSP F35-x motors that we can now buy in the UK and EU.
I have tried using good equivalents but there often aren't that many good ones.
What software allows me to add custom motors and use them for the final sim?

thanks

Sparky

You'll need the motor file (.RSE or .ENG).

Open up preferences in OpenRocket:
1685911077910.png
Add your own directory/folder where you'll put your custom thrust curves. I recommend not using the default. Then put the motor file in that folder, and restart OR.

And if you need a particular .RSE or .ENG file that you can't find and don't feel up to making, just ask; it's very likely that someone here has one and will be happy to share.

And another thought: simply ask the motor manufacturer if they have and RSE file (or ENG, but my guess is that RSE is a little more likely). By the way, who is TSP?

Back