AARM - 50: Edmonton Alberta, Canada

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutch

Reaction score
The Edmonton Rocketry Club is hosting AARM - 50 this coming summer, July 11 adn 12 near Morinville, Alberta (about 34 km north of Edmonton) Events will be:

A parachute duration
A streamer duration
A altitude
B boost glider
D egg loft
Scale
Open spot landing

These are (to the best of my recollection) similar to the events that were at AARM 1 in 1970 (spot landing substituted for the old "design efficiency" and eggloft added)

Rules will follow the NAR pink book

There will be a Jr. and Sr. class

Details here:
https://www.edmontonrocketry.net/aarm-50

Questions entertained at [email protected]

Thanks for posting Dave, yes AARM 50 will be model rocket contest, with five of the original events from 1970 being hosted. It will also be a reunion, for all those old-timers from the early 1970's, similar to the Rocketeer reunion held in 2018 at NARAM 60. Hoping to contact a few of the old guys we both new back then and hope a few will grace us with their presence. The ARRM organizers, Edmonton Rocket Club , I am sure would be grateful for any contact info on some of those old modellers. Hoping we see same folks we saw at AARM 40 a decade ago, plus more from across Canada and the Pacific Northwest in the USA.

Garth Illerbrun
CAR S04 L3
NAR 26894 L2

"old guys"?? What about guys like me, who are perpetually young? (I am trying to find a picture I have somewhere of Roger Lufkin at AARM-40 posing with my son and his Canaroc BB IV)

I was going to start a Thread on AARM-50 but I see your way ahead of me and this makes it much easier for me now :).

Here is the AARM-50 invitation for everyone to share. AARM-50 Invitation PDF

Also, to let everyone know registration is now open. Please checkout our website to register. https://www.edmontonrocketry.net/aarm-50

Any questions please let us know either by posting here or email [email protected].
We are also on Facebook.

I heard its "Taboo" to double post, but I'll add this to the Canadian Rockery Discussion Area also;).

Latest posts

Back