AARM - 50: Edmonton Alberta, Canada

Discussion in 'Competition Rocketry' started by hutch, Jan 7, 2020.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Jan 7, 2020 #1

hutch

hutch

hutch

The Edmonton Rocketry Club is hosting AARM - 50 this coming summer, July 11 adn 12 near Morinville, Alberta (about 34 km north of Edmonton) Events will be:

A parachute duration
    A streamer duration
    A altitude
    B boost glider
    D egg loft
    Scale
    Open spot landing

These are (to the best of my recollection) similar to the events that were at AARM 1 in 1970 (spot landing substituted for the old "design efficiency" and eggloft added)

Rules will follow the NAR pink book

There will be a Jr. and Sr. class

Details here:
    http://www.edmontonrocketry.net/aarm-50

Questions entertained at erc@edmontonrocketry.net

2. Jan 8, 2020 #2

Quixote

Quixote

Quixote

Thanks for posting Dave, yes AARM 50 will be model rocket contest, with five of the original events from 1970 being hosted. It will also be a reunion, for all those old-timers from the early 1970's, similar to the Rocketeer reunion held in 2018 at NARAM 60. Hoping to contact a few of the old guys we both new back then and hope a few will grace us with their presence. The ARRM organizers, Edmonton Rocket Club , I am sure would be grateful for any contact info on some of those old modellers. Hoping we see same folks we saw at AARM 40 a decade ago, plus more from across Canada and the Pacific Northwest in the USA.

Garth Illerbrun
    CAR S04 L3
    NAR 26894 L2

3. Jan 9, 2020 #3

hutch

hutch

hutch

"old guys"?? What about guys like me, who are perpetually young? (I am trying to find a picture I have somewhere of Roger Lufkin at AARM-40 posing with my son and his Canaroc BB IV)