A Turkey Launch!! PICS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Just thought I would show a couple of T-Day pics. Check out the end plug from one of my C11's! These are the motors that Estes replaced! Looks like it's time to call Christine again!

Here's the launch Pic...1st pic- ATM Launch

Here's what happened to the motor just after lift off...plug nozzle came right out of the motor! Rocket did survive!!
Missing Nozzle

I know Estes will make good on the motor --- but, I hate it when that happens!

hey, right on! glad you got out side today!

we flew a dozen or so yesterday. I am looking outside and there is zero wind and 5000' marine layer (clouds)... maybe we'll get out for an hour or so, if my wife lets me!!

Glad you got out to launch. I've got 2 ready to go but here in Phoenix it's wiiiiiiindy! Mabe toward eve it will calm down and I can get the grandkids out and launch.

flying_Silverado - better switch to D12's your luck with the fat C's isn't good. Good to see someone got to launch today ! i'm hoping for tomorrow.:D

OK!!! we got another dozen off today. perfect conditions: no wind, warm, slightly overcast ... no pictures, sorry!

4 flights of the new Estes SR-71. weak on B4-2, heart stopping on C6-5, just riight on C6-3. it always arcs over and you can't predict or control which way it will go!

situation normal for Full Moon, Tracer, Falcon, Commander, Nike Smoke, Spin Fin, and Baby Bertha.

"Diana's Special" was my daughter's first design, a 4FNC BT50, blue F & NC with sparkly holographic paper wrapped around it the body tube. she finally decided to launch it and it flew straight and true on an A6-4. now it is retired.

the purple Mirage on a C6-5 & streamer flew out of sight and in to somebody's yard. we'll go look tomorrow, don't want to bother anyone today!

what a great day, I get to fly rockets and then sit down for a fabulous home cooked meal!!! mmmm, almost ready...

Originally posted by SwingWing
flying_Silverado - better switch to D12's your luck with the fat C's isn't good. Good to see someone got to launch today ! i'm hoping for tomorrow.:D

Very true. As a matter of fact, this "C11" motor was one of the ones Estes sent as a replacement for the others!

I never seen a C11 cato yet... but I use those motors all the time. I love them.

I did, however, saw an E9 cato at the last CMASS launch. The motor blew its nozzle shorly after take off. Cool flight though.

Back