98mm hybrid?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
im gonna be building a full scale amraam for my L3 cert wHen i get there who carrys that large of a hybrid?

Aerotech used to have the M845 I believe, and HyperTEK has the M1010...these are long motors. The HyperTEK M I have seen burn...and burn....and burn ...and burn...

AMRAAM Hybrid would be very cool!

Dunno of any myself (Hypertech does 54mm and 75mm I think, and Ratt, Skyripper etc. mostly do smaller). It would be cool if someone did though. :D

Yeah, I know, my post was no help. I'm sorry :eek:

[rant]
If I ever reach the point where I'm doing 98mm motors (unlikely, but I can dream, can't I?), I would like to actually go experimental and try to build an H2O2 (Peroxide) based engine (monopropellant would be easiest, here), or something else exotic with a highish Isp. Then again, no I won't...I would almost certainly end up badly burned (base burn, that is...peroxide==teh nasty) or worse. :eek:

I guess if I were to ever seriously pursue experimental, I would have to start with solid and Terry McCreary's book, then attend a seminar on solid propellant making like RRS and other organization have from time to time.
[/rant]

Ok, back to the original topic...someone should start making a 98mm hybrid for you ;)

Edit: I edited this message to fix the name of the book.

Additional note: Didn't see Johnny's reply...It hadn't showed up yet when I started typing my mostly off-topic reply, heh :)

I didn't know about the M1010 :)

Originally posted by NewEntity1
I guess if I were to ever seriously pursue experimental, I would have to start with solid and Tim McCreary's book, then attend a seminar on solid propellant making like RRS and other organization have from time to time.
It's Terry McCreary, not Tim. ;)

I know of a guy who makes 100mm hybrids. He had trouble finding 98mm aluminum tube. Try Propulsion Polymers. Good friend of ours. He deals through Pratt Hobbies.

www.propulsionpolymers.com

It's Terry McCreary, not Tim.

Hee hee...yeah, just found that out this morning ;)

It looks like I won't be able to get this book through Amazon though...a search at Amazon resulted in me being redirected to none other than the illustrious* Red Arrow Hobbies :D

*do I over-use that word? hmmmm.....

Back