• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

4" X 2" transition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill2654

Reaction score
I need a 4" to 2.5" transition or reducer. Plastic or fiberglass is fine. Everything I have see is mostly LOC and they are 4"to3" or 3"to2". Does anyone even make a 4" to 2.5"?

Last edited:
I titled my post wrong and said I needed a 4" to 2" transition and I should have said 4" to 2.5". Every thing I have seen is 4" to 3". I cant be the first guy thats ever needed one. As for custom made balsa it's too pricey.

bill2654 said:
I titled my post wrong and said I needed a 4" to 2" transition and I should have said 4" to 2.5". Every thing I have seen is 4" to 3". I cant be the first guy thats ever needed one. As for custom made balsa it's too pricey.

It can be, but you know what they say...it's only expensive till you need it. Lol kinda like car repairs!

Bill, what you want isn't made as far as I can tell. Sandman and BMS are your only options unless you make it yourself.

Thats kind of what I figured since I wasn't getting any responses to my question. I just put in an order for some high density balsa blocks and I have been dying to try out my new lathe so I guess I will try my hand at making my own. Anyone know if basswood is better to use than hard balsa?

Thats kind of what I figured since I wasn't getting any responses to my question. I just put in an order for some high density balsa blocks and I have been dying to try out my new lathe so I guess I will try my hand at making my own. Anyone know if basswood is better to use than hard balsa?

Basswood wood be my first option .....less tear out ,smooth and more dense and more durable.Basswood machines very nicely and finishes very well !

Poplar is another option as well if you can get it ,but a little more heavy ,so it pretty much depends if weight is a major consideration.

Paul T

Thanks Paul. Now I need to put in another order for some basswood this time. I have not worked on a lathe since jr high (1968) so Im glad I got more than enough high density balsa coming. I will post pics of my results in an upcoming build thread.

Back