• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2 Archetype Cable Cutters - Complete, never used - $60

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

75Grandville

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title says. I got these several years from Aerocon Systems, never actually tried to use them. Just put them into one of my boxes of stuff and ignored them. Two cutters (red anodized), with extra grommets, zip ties, and the string they came with.
image_123927839.JPG
You can pick up at LDRS, or pay actual shipping (I'm guessing $5 for first class) from Salt Lake City. Cash, PayPal F&F, Venmo, bullion all cheerfully accepted. Also willing to trade for electronics (RRC2/3 or SLCF) or AT hardware.

If you want to send me a post-dated check and have me wire you the excess, I will send you the address of a bank in Eastern Europe. We can have loads of fun blaming each other for why the check disappeared!

What do these use to energize the cable cutter?

As I recall, it's a very, very small black powder charge. There's a small hole at the bottom for the match leads to exit. You put the match and charge in, then drop a cutting "head" in on top and screw on the cap. The cable tie goes through the hole in the side.

When the charge fires, it drives the cutting "head" up through the cable tie, severing it.

I found someone's video of prepping one here.

-Kevin

Latest posts

Back