13mm Deuce's Wild Downscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm gonna build ANOTHER Deuce! This time it's gonna be a 13mm DOWNSCALE! :cool: According to my calculations, it is 72% scale, with a tube diameter of 1.15 inches. I think I'll use a 29mm tube.

Jim, can you help me by providing some plans, and what you used on your 13mm DW?

Jason

I based my 13mm deuce on the BT55 (convenience). I'll take some measurements tomorrow and post

jim

been busy as all git out, that's what! :D

i'll post a reminder to myself and try to get them befor I leave for NARAM.

jim

jetra2,

You should have told me you needed these earlier.

I got it, Jim.

Original Deuce is a BT-60, 1.637" in diam.

A BT-55 is, q.325" in diam.

Divide 1.325 buy 1.637 = 0.8094075 OR 81%

So...all the dimensions of the fin are reduced by 81%.

Root cord on the original is 4". 82% of 4" is 3.28". (3 and a 1/4") is close enough!

The outer edge is 1.6" (actually 1.62") But still cloe enough for balsa!

See the picture. It won't scale right as a jpeg but just use a ruler and measure it out.

Hope that helps.

sandman

Thank You Sandman!

What I REALLY need is a downscale version of the motor spacer and the bottom CR....don't need the top one.

Thanks,
Jason

I'm thinking i'll paint it the stock blue/yellow scheme, and have an entire FLEET of DW's! That should make for quite the interesting photo, having all of them lined up, from 13mm to 29mm (did I just say that out loud? oops!) all painted blue and yellow? That would be COOL!!!!

Jason

Hey,

I'm going to cut some fins for my 13mm DW today. I think that I will cut them out of 3/32 balsa. I'll seal them and shape them, then just as soon as I can cut centering rings, I'll cut them out of basswood. I REALLY NEED CENTERING RING PATTERNS!!!! Please e-mail them to me @: [email protected] .

Ok, I admit it, I made a silly mistake.I cut the body tube about an inch and a half too short. I'll also cut a new tube, and use this one for something else.

Pics Coming!

Jason

Jason,

would love to help, but i'm now in Evansville, relaxing before dinner then off to register and go to the sport fliers session....

unless someone else can help, it will have to wait till next weekend...

jim

Hi all,

Swingwing, a TRF member, provided me with DW centering ring patterns. Thanks Swingwing.

But, I can't get them to print out right! He included a 1 inch square, but when I print it out, the square is just about 5/8th's of an inch wide. I have no experience with PDF file editing or what not, so would someone help me by figuring out how to print them to the right size???

Thanks,
Jason

well, not knowing what tools you have on your computer, the simplistic method is to go to your library (or anyplace you have access to a copy machine) and use it to enlarge the printed file until it is the correct size. a bit of a pain, but it works.

as far as the pdf goes, make sure you specifically have it set to print at 100% of size (a setting you should have controll over in acrobat reader)

hope this helps
jim

Back