$11.99 Estes Viking Bulk Pack-ONE BUILD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMehalko

Reaction score
Hobby Lobby clearance continues to be great, $12 Viking box for 12 Vikings!

Anyone else get one? Who’s up for building one rocket out of this? Must use all body tubes and all nose cones. 😎

Attachments

• 4FF2EF2B-E4D4-4ECA-9F49-C97B08ECC679.jpeg
    4FF2EF2B-E4D4-4ECA-9F49-C97B08ECC679.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 17
Wow, that is dirt cheap if still available. Going to look right now...

Nope, 2 hours after first post and I can't find it anywhere online at Hobby Lobby...

Good snatch!

Last edited:
Could build something with several pods, to use up tubes and cones, like a Trident or Astron Explorer, for example. Will be interesting to see what you come up with. Are you restricting your build to use only parts included in the 12 kits, or will you take the liberty to add anything, like larger fins, if needed?

$12 for 12 kits! Stuff like this is hard for us Aussies to see on the forum.

Lets see... for $12 I could buy... maybe a couple of BT-20 nose cones. 🤪

haha this stuff isn’t normally this cheap, our hobby lobby’s are clearance crazy right now for Estes stuff ☺️

Wow, that is dirt cheap if still available. Going to look right now...

Nope, 2 hours after first post and I can't find it anywhere online at Hobby Lobby...

Good snatch!

I know there were several bulk Boxes there when I got this, should of bought them all up but now they are gone, I know a couple other club members found some too however

Could build something with several pods, to use up tubes and cones, like a Trident or Astron Explorer, for example. Will be interesting to see what you come up with. Are you restricting your build to use only parts included in the 12 kits, or will you take the liberty to add anything, like larger fins, if needed?

yep exactly! Getting concerned about stability and weight haha. And only using what’s in the box for fins (60 of them 😂), so far I’m 12 fins in, doubt I’ll be able to use them all. The ’all the tubes and all the cones‘ is already a tough one.

If you can build it light enough a Super C5-3 might be able to handle it, otherwise you can cluster 18mm motors. But if you allow yourself to add a 24 mm engine mount... should be a fun project, thanks for sharing it here!

Can also extend the fins with tube fins cut from the body tubes, like the Super Neon XL... I will try to refrain from more ideas to see what you come up with.

If you can build it light enough a Super C5-3 might be able to handle it, otherwise you can cluster 18mm motors. But if you allow yourself to add a 24 mm engine mount... should be a fun project, thanks for sharing it here!

Can also extend the fins with tube fins cut from the body tubes, like the Super Neon XL... I will try to refrain from more ideas to see what you come up with.

Ha right! Have that in the works, ill share one more picture then ill get a completed build and hopefully a 3 engine cluster flight video shortly :)

Attachments

• 99C4B431-A0E9-4FA4-A730-16995C230710.jpeg
    99C4B431-A0E9-4FA4-A730-16995C230710.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 30
The pack is $85 on Estes. I picked it up on Amazon for $30 so feel sorry for those who bought at the Estes price. For the past two weeks, Facebook has been inundated with pictures of people's clearance hauls from Hobby Lobby including the pack for $12.

I'm using the rockets as wind indicators. Add clay into the NC, insert a C6, and see if it comes back. I've made 3 so far and lost 1.

Last edited:
The pack is $85 on Estes. I picked it up on Amazon for $30 so feel sorry for those who bought at the Estes price. For the past two weeks, Facebook has been inundated with pictures of people's clearance hauls from Hobby Lobby. It's getting annoying now.

I'm using the rockets as wind indicators. Add clay into the NC, insert a C6, and see if it comes back. I've made 3 so far and lost 1.

Haha, sorry, i was part of that "HL has a sale" club with these ultra cheap bulk boxes :D. Looks like the stores are pretty well cleaned out, so should taper off im sure

Nice flying footage btw!

Haha, sorry, i was part of that "HL has a sale" club with these ultra cheap bulk boxes :D. Looks like the stores are pretty well cleaned out, so should taper off im sure

Nice flying footage btw!

Sorry, didn't mean to disparage you. I edited my comment.

I have literally seen 30 photos of the kits they got at HL for dollars each. The rest of us have HL envy.

Scored a bulk pack at my local HL. Donating it to the club for give-aways. Thanks for the heads-up!

Attachments

• 93931F6E-69C4-417C-8E9F-84AE4F5CCFD8.jpeg
    93931F6E-69C4-417C-8E9F-84AE4F5CCFD8.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 9
I feel like Hobby Lobby ripped me off, now!
A while back I ordered online a 12 pack of vikings for $29, thought it was a great deal.
But would have thought they put them on sale for $12? Certainly not I.
I'll check online, but I doubt any is left. If so, I'll order another one.
Kids in the apartment complex will love them.
EDIT: No Vikings, not even a single....

I just went to my Hobby Lobby and the rocket section is kind of cleared out. I am sad now.

I went to the local chain hobby store, and they had the bulk pack for $89, and a single Viking for $13!!!! Yikes!!!!!

$30 still isn’t too bad for 12 rocket kits! Who else is up for the fun challenge?

Getting there, planning to paint tomorrow and fly Saturday :). Going to put together a fun time lapse video on my new YouTube channel ‘Almost Space’ 😆

Attachments

• A9207489-0526-4A30-A52B-05B766597909.jpeg
    A9207489-0526-4A30-A52B-05B766597909.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 53
$30 still isn’t too bad for 12 rocket kits! Who else is up for the fun challenge?

Getting there, planning to paint tomorrow and fly Saturday :). Going to put together a fun time lapse video on my new YouTube channel ‘Almost Space’ 😆
Bwaaah, that build is ridiculously entertaining--almost as much as your maiden flight video will be!! Can't wait.

How many motors and what impulse are you planning to use?

Your CP/CG relationship is the stuff of rocketry nightmares! Wear kevlar and eye protection, please. But this will definitely be interesting!

How many fins, so far? I was thinking, you don’t need to get all 60 on to be a true 12-Viking rocket. I believe the instructions allow you to choose any configuration between 3 to 5 fins, right? Technically, it’ll be a Dodeca-Viking with a minimum of 36 fins. At least in my mind.

My bulk pack showed up. Not going to bash them all together; but that looks fun. Going to let the kid build a few and two will be merged into a mini D-Region Tomahawk.

Bwaaah, that build is ridiculously entertaining--almost as much as your maiden flight video will be!! Can't wait.

How many motors and what impulse are you planning to use?

Your CP/CG relationship is the stuff of rocketry nightmares! Wear kevlar and eye protection, please. But this will definitely be interesting!

Hahaha, ya going to be interesting! planning 3x C6-3’s 👍

How many fins, so far? I was thinking, you don’t need to get all 60 on to be a true 12-Viking rocket. I believe the instructions allow you to choose any configuration between 3 to 5 fins, right? Technically, it’ll be a Dodeca-Viking with a minimum of 36 fins. At least in my mind.

I got 16 fins on it, I think that’s going to be my stop, the challenge was to use all 102” of bt20 tube and all 12 nose cones which i did!

My bulk pack showed up. Not going to bash them all together; but that looks fun. Going to let the kid build a few and two will be merged into a mini D-Region Tomahawk.

ahh common, I want to see some contenders/others approach to this challenge lol

That thing went to Valhalla and back! Great job.

Back