Has anyone replaced a Raven speaker?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanT

Reaction score
I must have dropped my e-bay too hard while working on it a couple weeks ago, because the cap to the speaker on my Raven (along with the top magnet) came off exposing the windings inside. I put it back together, but I'm either missing a piece or damaged it permanently 'cause it plays me no more music :(

It looks simple enough to find a replacement part, but I'm curious how hard it is to remove and replace, and if there is any real danger in unbending/rebending the super cap leads in order to reach the solder pad on the one side. I'm a fair solderer, but haven't done SMT (which I don't think this is).

Adrian has pretty good repair/support. I would contact him at featherweight. It will most likely cost less to have them fix it than go through the aggravation and try to fix on your own.

Adrian has pretty good repair/support. I would contact him at featherweight. It will most likely cost less to have them fix it than go through the aggravation and try to fix on your own.

Yeah, I figured, but I've been too lazy/busy to call him, and my email must have gone into spam. I figured by posting here I would either find out it's easy, or hear from Adrian, or both. ;-)

I'm with Jason -- have Adrian do it. His fees for repairs are very reasonable, too. (Says the guy who hit a Parrot with a drillbit)

-Kevin

I'm with Jason -- have Adrian do it. His fees for repairs are very reasonable, too. (Says the guy who hit a Parrot with a drillbit)

-Kevin

Ouch. Adrian must have seen my post and gone digging through the spam filter; I'm going to have him do it. Had picture perfect DD with my other Raven on Saturday.

I've been moving into another, less temporary, residence, and it has taken until today to get internet at the house. I'm still catching up. Sorry for the delay.

-Adrian

Back