Dollar Tree Crayons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
I finally got some Crayons from the dollar tree.These are not the big ones. They are about 22" long and about 2 1/4" wide. Grabbed 2 of them.Now what to build with them.In one issue of SR it featured a crayon contest.Someone build what looks kinda like a Bomarc out of one. I liked it. Who knows????

I have had six of those (2 each of red, yellow and green) that have been sitting in my closet for the past three years waiting for me to get around to doing something with them. Long and skinny. I got mine at DT, too. Couldn't beat the price.

54mm LOC tubing fits inside them, so cut a hole for your motor mount in the bottom, then cut the tip off using a dremel (or an x-acto if you're patient) and put a short piece of LOC tubing on for the shoulder, then I'd put a motor mount in a piece of LOC tubing, leave the motor tube hanging out the back so it will go through the hole you cut in the bottom, slide the 54mm tube assembly into the crayon (leaving enough room for your nosecone shoulder to fit) TA DA

Edit: sorry, it's not LOc tubing, it's a mailing tube my mom brought home

Braden

Last edited:
I've never been lucky enough to find any crayon banks at our Dollar Tree stores here. I keep looking though.

I found it. It was Woosh eat cheese or fly 2009. Scott Goebel's yellow Craymarc. cannt get a pic up on the net???anywhoo this rocket is SWEET!!!!

I've never been lucky enough to find any crayon banks at our Dollar Tree stores here. I keep looking though.
They aren't a regular product. I only saw them at my local DT for a couple of months three years ago. I was surprised to read of another sighting in Scott's post.

They aren't a regular product. I only saw them at my local DT for a couple of months three years ago. I was surprised to read of another sighting in Scott's post.
They had maybe 8 left.Thats cuz a guy there had ,I bet 10 of them in his cart. The store is a ways from me.However my sister lives close by. I could ask her to stop by and get the ones that are left if anyone is interested. I think they are going fast, so let me know.

There you go -- buy them by the case! 24 crayon banks for $24, plus shipping. Go crazy. :D
I am crazy,dont need to buy 24 banks to prove it.....:rolleyes: Anywhoo---maybe a thing to try and get started ...Do a Crayon Bank Contest across the board. See who/ how many would partake in it. Send them the bank,cannt imagine it would cost to much for shipping, set a date for completion, post them, and have a poll here on trf for the best. maybe even do a 1st,2ncd,3rd place thing????? Of course we would need a sponser or just do it for bragging rites. I think it would be very interesting to see what people come up with for builds.

You can go through two or three banks for every rocket you make, if you need to cut a couple up for tube fins.

I found it. It was Woosh eat cheese or fly 2009. Scott Goebel's yellow Craymarc. cannt get a pic up on the net???anywhoo this rocket is SWEET!!!!

I do believe Scott put some video of a "craymarc" flight from this past Thunderstruck on Youtube. Search for username "zapjolt"

Last edited:
I do believe Scott put some video of a "craymarc" flight from this past Thunderstruck on Youtube. Search for username "zapjolt"
Ya-Baby!, thats the one. Thanks [YOUTUBE]BmFU2PJQeqk[/YOUTUBE]

I think you have the smaller crayons,they also have 4 inch diameter crayons.We have them at ToysRUs.
The 2 inch crayons will hold a BT70 nicely,get a balsa block for the NC,clear plastic fins and voila!!!!!!!!
My 2 cents
Mark T:

I think you have the smaller crayons,they also have 4 inch diameter crayons.We have them at ToysRUs.
The 2 inch crayons will hold a BT70 nicely,get a balsa block for the NC,clear plastic fins and voila!!!!!!!!
My 2 cents
Mark T:
2 cents well spent.I think Ill hold off using these and see about getting the 4s also and build something using both sizes. Its not like I got nothing else going on.....:lol:

AAACCKKK!!!
Must.... not..... buy....... case..... of ....... Crayon.... banks........
:eyepop:
♪♫ What a difference a case makes,
Just twenty-four little dollars... ♪♫

Here are two rockets built from Dollar Tree crayon banks. The orange one is mine; it has flown on D12, E30, E9, E15, and F21 motors. I dubbed it "Back to Cool".

dollar tree crayons.JPG

Here are two rockets built from Dollar Tree crayon banks. The orange one is mine; it has flown on D12, E30, E9, E15, and F21 motors. I dubbed it "Back to Cool".
Nice! I like the "Catch Phrase"
Back to Cool

Back