• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Good Luck on The Finals!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrapDaddy

Reaction score
Good luck to all teens on their finals, mine are tommorow!

SD, pro test taker, novice homework do-er.

Wow, this late? I've been out for more than a month, and high schools in my area have been out for a couple of weeks.

And good luck to the Hershey Bears in the finals!
What - different finals?:confused2: Well, I'll still wish Hershey good luck:bangbang:
Wish me luck trying to get a ticket.

I got out of school two weeks ago and got As and Bs on the finals (including a 97% on the "impossible" chemistry final).

I got all As for the school year. :)

Good luck to you, Scrap.

Wow, I remember high school finals. I took Biology during the summer so I could get into advanced science classes a year earlier than planned. I got a 98 on the biology regents (I missed the question about smooth vs. wrinkled peas) and a 96 on the chemistry regents the following year. The year after I too the chemistry regents (the year I would have taken the chem regents had I not been so ambitious) the daily News posted the answer key to the exam on the front page the day of the test. Everybody had to wait until the end of the summer to take the chem regents.

I got out of school two weeks ago and got As and Bs on the finals (including a 97% on the "impossible" chemistry final).

I got all As for the school year. :)

Good luck to you, Scrap.

Congrats. That's better than my results (though I am sitting at around a 3.4-3.5 or so cumulative so far, which isn't too bad).

Good Luck Scrap Daddy

Some advice I give all my students before any test:

Get a good night's sleep.

Eat a good nutritious breakfast. Skip the pop tarts, sugar smacks etc. You want to feed your brain with food that will provide energy throughout the day.

Think positive thoughts. Tell yourself you are ready and will do the best you are capable of.

When you get the test, read through the entire test first so you get a good feel for the lay of the land.

If you use a scantron form: complete the whole test then bubble in your all your answers at once.

Identify the easy problems and do them first.

And if you are still up and reading this then, go to bed :)

BD

The school year is different here. When my nephews were in high school in Florida, the school year started in the third or fourth week of August and finished around the end of May. When I was in high school in Michigan and in New York, the school year started after Labor Day and ran into the second or third week of June. The academic calendar in many northern states also has built-in "snow days," which lengthen the school year a little bit (or occasionally, a lot).

Study hard and do your best!

MK

The academic calendar in many northern states also has built-in "snow days," which lengthen the school year a little bit (or occasionally, a lot).

MK

And sometimes, strike days.

My school had a teacher strike for almost a month this year. We lost a week out of christmas break, all of spring break, and we filled the week set aside for snow days, and we still got out on June 4th. We start the week before labor day.

And sometimes, strike days.

My school had a teacher strike for almost a month this year. We lost a week out of christmas break, all of spring break, and we filled the week set aside for snow days, and we still got out on June 4th. We start the week before labor day.
Teacher strikes are very rare here, and not a regular thing anywhere else. Snow days are a given, though. Teachers here would walk out, though, if anyone even thought about messing with their customary spring break. They will put up with just about anything as long as they get to take their usual two weeks in Myrtle Beach at the end of March or the beginning of April.

MK

Last edited:
Teacher strikes are very rare here, and not a regular thing anywhere else. Snow days are a given, though. Teachers here would walk out, though, if anyone even thought about messing with their customary spring break. They will put up with just about anything as long as they get to take their usual two weeks in Myrtle Beach at the end of March or the beginning of April.

MK

TWO WEEKS! where do I sign up for that one?

Last edited:
Our County Fair is the last week of August so school will NOT start until it's over (the first full week of September). That combined with an abundance of snow days this winter resulted in school ending this Wednesday (2nd week of June) and a "Spring Break" that amounted to no more than a three day weekend.

We're moving this summer and the new school district starts MUCH earlier so our kids will have two months of summer. :(

wow, you get out late, i got out on the fifth!
math: 88%
science: 98% ;)
health: 92%
PE: 93%
history: 73%...not exactly my favorite class.

My wife finished up with the kids last Thursday, and had a half day workday Friday, then had to work graduation on Saturday evening. We finished school at 1 pm last Friday and graduation was at 8:30pm.

The kids thought THEY were happy-- lemme tell you: as happy as you guys are to get out, us teachers and bus drivers are about to do cartwheels because we can get out of there for awhile ourselves!!!! :D

You ever seen a 300 pound bus driver do cartwheels?? :y: :D

Later and good luck! OL JR :)

wow, you get out late, i got out on the fifth!
math: 88%
science: 98% ;)
health: 92%
PE: 93%
history: 73%...not exactly my favorite class.

That's just like my grades.

The fun part is that I have AP US History next year (1 out of 4 drop out of the class), but it will be the last history class I ever take in high school.

Not many history fans?! I LOVE history, expecially Greek and roman, along with American.

I got these grades on my midterms:
Math: 97
Science : 99
SS: 97
4-in langauge: 96
English: 94
i really hope history repeats itself!

I finished finals, school is out!

Not many history fans?! I LOVE history, expecially Greek and roman, along with American.

I got these grades on my midterms:
Math: 97
Science : 99
SS: 97
4-in langauge: 96
English: 94
i really hope history repeats itself!

I finished finals, school is out!

Great job!

It's not the history that I don't like, it's the memorizing oogles of dates and writing three page long papers about events that I don't particularly care about that I don't like.

Wait till you get to high school and you'll find what I mean.

musical-staff-150x150.jpg

Don't know much about history...

Wait, what's this?

A 300 lb. man doing cartwheels? :eek: No need to demonstrate, I'll take your word for it! :p

MK

Back