Semroc - Astron Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
This has been on the shelf forever in "white" .Today I painted fins, and I put the decals on it tonight.

Astron.JPG

Last edited:
Nice, never seen Semroc Astron before...looks alot like Estes Alpha series, is it similar size and flight character...what motor size ya gonna use. (C6-5 maybe?)

Nice, never seen Semroc Astron before...looks alot like Estes Alpha series, is it similar size and flight character...what motor size ya gonna use. (C6-5 maybe?)
Its a nice rocket and I would like to keep it for awhile ,so Ill fly it on "Bs" at first.Specifications

Kit # KA-23
Name Astron™
Retail Price $10.00

Availability Usually ships in 24 hours
Body Diameter .908" (2.3 cm)
Length 14.8" (37.6 cm)
Fin Span 4.1" (10.4 cm)
Net Weight 0.9 oz (25.5 g)
Fins Laser-Cut Balsa
Nose Cone Precision Turned Balsa
Recovery 12" Parachute
Decals Waterslide
Skill Level 1 - Easy
Stages Single
Shipping Weight 4 oz

Last edited:
Scott,

That has been on the shelf?:gavel:
Looks good, gonna look great on the self too!:p

Daniel
..on the shelf. :D 8"-12" of snow comming in. Had rain and floods this weekend. The field I fly at is still under feet of snow.Ive done most of my flying in the winter over the past couple years. This winter.... NO FLIGHTS !!!!! BUMMER!!! Spring will come and Ill have a small window to fly before they plow and plant the fields. Oh well..........

Last edited:
Kinda rushed through this one, as the pics verify. But this being my second Semroc kit, I'm very impressed with all the quality components. Might do another and take greater care in the build, but this'll do for now.

HonestJohnAstron6-9-2011006.jpg
sandwich bags, and Pactra fine line tape provide the mask process. (ps...as discussed in great length here elsewhere...the new formula Krylon is sadly far inferior to their last offering)

HonestJohnAstron6-9-2011001.jpg
Kevlar/shock cords prepped and overlap secured with scotch tape for clean lines.

HonestJohnAstron6-9-2011005.jpg
complete.......fuzzy pic, lopsided decals and all :D

HonestJohnAstron6-9-2011002.jpg
Placed in fleet.

post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine....built completely stock except for use of a different streamer and flown for the first (and second) time yesterday. The second flight resulted in a huge smile dent in the NC so a little repair work will soon commence.

I have gotten a couple of these as freebies in Semroc orders, so I figured I oughta build and fly one.

Yes, I used the face card color scheme, too.

IMG_0693.jpg

Here's my Semroc Astron.

It's flown 6 times mainly with Quest A6-4 engines and just starting to show some wear.
Is it just me, or does the engine stick out the back more than it should?
The first time I saw an Astron at our section launch, I thought the owner might of had the mount freeze up before he got it all the way in.

Still, this is one of the best values out there in a LPR 3FNC rocket.
It's a classic design, just be sure you figure out which is the root edge before gluing on a fin. I had to check twice.

Astron 001_WEB.jpg

Astron 002_WEB.jpg

Astron 003_WEB.jpg

Here's my Semroc Astron.

It's flown 6 times mainly with Quest A6-4 engines and just starting to show some wear.
Is it just me, or does the engine stick out the back more than it should?
The first time I saw an Astron at our section launch, I thought the owner might of had the mount freeze up before he got it all the way in.

Still, this is one of the best values out there in a LPR 3FNC rocket.
It's a classic design, just be sure you figure out which is the root edge before gluing on a fin. I had to check twice.
Nice rocket for the price. And it does haul. I flew mine on an A8-3.I think it would be forever gone on anything much bigger.Anywhoo- Nice job!

Back