Rocketry Warehouse - X-Celerator Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished mine!

Xcelerator build 036 Crop.jpg

Attachments

• Xcelerator build 029.jpg
    Xcelerator build 029.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Xcelerator build 039 Crop.jpg
    Xcelerator build 039 Crop.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 34
Primed and ready for paint. This will be my first rocket with tracking capability. I've built a Garmin DC40 into the nosecone.

Update: I painted the X-celerator with Dupont Nason Ful-Base basecoat topped with Nason Selectclear 496-00. Looks fantastic!

X-Celerator 1.JPG

X-Celerator 2.JPG

X-Celerator 3.JPG

X-Celerator 4.JPG

X-Celerator 5.JPG

Last edited:
Man alive you guys are WAY more in to this than I thought possible :). I thought I was doing good to have bought spray paint for my six year olds Wal-mart kit.

This is my daughter`s 4H rocket for this year. As you can tell she likes green and black. She does such a better good at building rockets than me. The sticker is from Mark at Stickershock. The judging is this Saturday. The plan is that this will be her L2 rocket come this fall.:D
Brian

xcelerator.jpg

4-h rocket :D Around here i rarely see anything outside estes for the 4-h projects. Looks great

Went to NERRF 7 and flew my X-celerator for the first time. Got My L2 Cert using a CTI J355 Redline motor. I used 3 altimeters. A Perfectflite and a Raven II for backup and a Jolly Logic Altimeter Two attached to the main chute. Rocksim estimated 3311' and the altimeters averaged 3302' Not bad! A Garmin Astra DC 40 GPS tracker in the nose ensured I got the rocket back. A Boostervision Hi Def camera recorded the flight. The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJo1iTu0TmA

Thanks for a great kit Gary. It was a pleasure meeting you at NERRF.

P1010071 (Medium).JPG

P1010088 (Medium).JPG

Launch 200.jpg

P1010179 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
Great looking rocket and a great boost! Love the red flame! Congrats on your L2!

Dave:
Congrats on your L2, Was great meeting you as well and AWESOME! job on your X-Celerator.

The Altimeter Two is a cool little unit. It was only a few feet off of the Perfectflite and Raven II altimeters.

The paint is Dupont Nason Ful-base basecoat (2 coats) with Selectclear on top (4 coats). This is a catalized polyurethane paint. Color is T-70 Blue Effect which is a Mitsubishi car color.

Back