(Slow Build) L3 The AGM Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the Payload Bay template generator to print the Fin Guide Tool. I glued the print on foam board. I also started the slow process of attaching the fins to the motor mount with the Proline 4500.

IMG_5416.jpg

In previous posts I forgot to mention that I sanded all the surfaces to be glued with a corse sanding paper and wiped them with acetone.

The fines are now all attached and I started the filets between the motor mount and the fins. I mixed a 40 grams batch of epoxy, so 20 grams for each filet.

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5428.jpgIMG_5426.jpg

I completed the internal filets between the fins and the motor mount with the Proline 4500. I had some large gaps between the fins and body tube. I used West System epoxy that I heavily thicken with the West 406 Colloidal silica filler to fill from the inside of the body tube. I used green painters tape on the outside to prevent the epoxy to ooze out.

This week, I will work on my external filets and hopefully next weekend, I will install the last centring ring and the motor mount.

IMG_5426.jpg

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg
IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

IMG_5459.jpg

Latest posts

Back