Meow Mixer, 24mm Scratch Build.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
No build Thread, just a cool Rocket that I scratched out. Sometimes you have the Design in your Head, know that it will work, and really don't care to accept any advice or suggestions, so you just build it, and don't do a Build Thread.
Here's my most recent endeavor.
BT-80, Papered in 110# Cardstock.
TTW Papered Balsa Fins with Internal and External Epoxy Fillets.
Meow Mix Tailcone.
Plenty of Centering Rings and Couplers.
Chute' I sewed myself out of Nylon from an old Tent.

Fully loaded and ready for flight she's 11.75oz. Exactly where I wanted her. Another reason I did'nt do a Build Thread was I get sick of People crying about Heavy Rockets.:mad:
I wanted something that would stay close to the Pad, and stay low enough to be a good "Park Flyer".
As you can see in the Video, I got exactly that.
All Simulations were done in my Head, as it is only 3FNC, not Rocket Science.:tongue:

I've built other Rockets so far with Rail Guides/Buttons, but this was the first time I've flown off a Rail.

[video=youtube;aV2wJpxYD2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV2wJpxYD2c[/video]

Sadly, on its Maiden Flight, a Girl about 150 Yds. away got the wrong impression at first that we were shooting Fireworks.

Also, I edited out the Countdown, as when I got to 1, my Son forgot to press the Button, and there was an awkward Silence, and then I had to tell him to push the Button. It sounded really dumb so I cut the Video right to launch.

Last edited:
Now that's the "Cat's Meow"
Where are you launching at. (Town?)

Now that's the "Cat's Meow"
Where are you launching at. (Town?)

Thanks guys.

Launching in Washington, Vt.
Tomorrow, as a matter of fact, my Son and I are going to go ride around and scope out some new Fields to see if we can find a bigger Area to fly in. I have a Friend up the Road who said I could use his Cow Pasture this Summer, but his Wife had a Stroke and is in poor Health, so I'm just going to leave him alone for now, as I'm sure he's got enough going on right now.

"Hey, are you serious right now?"
(I think that's what the girl yelled!)

That's the way to do it!
Great boost, stable, deploy at apogee and no long recovery walk.
Oh, and good use of the Meow Mix tail cone.

Nice job Top, A very nice flight and a super clean build. Personally, I've never seen a bad thing come out of your shop !! I would'nt worry too much about the weight naggers. I build em to fly too--just keep em in the same county.--H

"Hey, are you serious right now?"
(I think that's what the girl yelled!)

That's the way to do it!
Great boost, stable, deploy at apogee and no long recovery walk.
Oh, and good use of the Meow Mix tail cone.

Thanks for the Compliments Folks.

That was my Neighbor, Ashley, in the backround. She was over by the Horse Area at the Park, and was afraid that Fireworks would scare her Horses.
Obviously It turned out to not be Fireworks, and I was only doing the one Flight, so there was not an Issue.

Very nice. I think the cat decal I pretty cool. One of your cats, or a stock image?

Very nice. I think the cat decal I pretty cool. One of your cats, or a stock image?

Thanks.
That's my Cat, Mini-Hen. He's named that because his Mothers name is Henrietta, and he looks just like her.
I guess since he's on the Rocket, that makes him a Catstronaut.

You have to do another for any other cats so they are not jealous of the rocket.

Any dogs will get a Maxi-Alpo built.

Right now the video is broke but that's a cool looking rocket TR!

You do great work!

JP

Right now the video is broke but that's a cool looking rocket TR!

You do great work!

JP

Thanks JP.
Recognize the BT-80 I used? You had a hand in this one too! Oh, and I used some of those Vinyl Rivets you gave me too. Thanks again.

Nice rocket and perfect flight. I had my doubts about the meow mix cone, but you integrated it really well and it looks classy with the paint job!

Back