Av Bay contest Cable cutter av bay conversion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mightyrocketman

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1399431092.142931.jpg

Parts for av bay for a LOC Forte'

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1399431169.107709.jpg

Will be used with a cable cutter for dual deploy.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Attached all thread and carved tube to seal against nosecone.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1399843583.845020.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1399843725.608495.jpg

Very interesting technique! Will there be some type of flexible sealant on the tube end that seats on the cone?

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1401069223.563246.jpg

End cap.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1401069283.915208.jpg

O-ring slid over end of tube to seal end.

I am having a little trouble viewing the photo (too blurry). Are you able to take a better photo?

I see what you've built and I think it's been a great build. A couple questions if you wouldn't mind satisfying my curiosity.
Why did you decide to add the bay to the end of the nose cone rather than lopping off the end of the cone and building inside?
I see that there is air space shared between the av-bay and nose cone. I assume this is where you will have your ambient pressure readings for the bay via a vent hole in the nose cone. Will you also use this passage for your arming/disarming wires/switch?
The o-ring seal. Is this rolled over the tube just resting against the cone? If so, you may think of making a seal by putting some RTV on the end of the tube. When it is still soft but not tacky, push the tube against the nose cone with grease/Vaseline/wax (just a release agent of some sort) applied to nose cone. Once RTV is set up, you have a removable connection with an official gas seal. Either way, be sure to ground test and hopefully you won't get charge pressure leaking into the av-bay.
Thanks

Mark

Back