Jeroen / CTI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
Just sayin'....................

Jeroen at CTI rocks.

But many of you know this already.
Buy their stuff, fly their stuff. Do business with them. These activities will make you happy.

so there, s6

Yep.
ALWAYS happy to FLY CTI. Not sure how or IF they make money with all the loads they have (seriously take a look, just an AMAZING variety) but I am thankful they keep doing it (knock on wood). Good people. Great products.

Where's folk's favorite CTI dealer? I'm fairly interested in their stuff once I get up to 38mm.

amwprox.com

They are awesome and really knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Where's folk's favorite CTI dealer? I'm fairly interested in their stuff once I get up to 38mm.

There are only a few, and there's no way around Haz-Mat handling with any of their loads, no matter the size. Onsite purchase is the only half-economical way to fly them, unless you're made of money of course.

My favorite is Wildman's. If you are a member, you get a small discount. Best deals are on "Black Saturday" when you can save enough to overcome the Hazmat charges with just a couple of motors. Since you are still flying smaller motors, going to launches that are supported by a dealer would be best.

Well, ya, but no 98mm (or even 75mm) reloads. Sad. Looks like the only place to get anything big (98mm) these days is from Gorilla.

Just checked Wildman's site and he shows a good selection of 98mm loads. Am I missing something here?

Well, ya, but no 98mm (or even 75mm) reloads. Sad. Looks like the only place to get anything big (98mm) these days is from Gorilla.

We have 75mm and 98mm CTI loads in stock.
All 75mm CTI reloads fit classic AMW hardware.
The website has stock levels listed so you know we have the motor you need.
We also order at least once a month from CTI so if it's not in stock let us know.
As for hazmat, we only charge $35 shipping on any motor purchase.
And if it's over $400 shipping is free.
That's a huge savings over any other discounts you will find.
And we ship international!
Thanks for listening.

My favorite is Wildman's. If you are a member, you get a small discount. Best deals are on "Black Saturday" when you can save enough to overcome the Hazmat charges with just a couple of motors. Since you are still flying smaller motors, going to launches that are supported by a dealer would be best.

Just checked Wildman's site and he shows a good selection of 98mm loads. Am I missing something here?

Follow the thread... Comment was with respect to AMWProX.com. Both this vendor and Wildman's for that matter do not support AMW snap ring hardware loads of 98mm and Wildmam only supports two loads by Aerotech/KBA for 75mm.

We have 75mm and 98mm CTI loads in stock.
All 75mm CTI reloads fit classic AMW hardware.

Really sorry for my ignorance. Pls explain what needs to be done to make them compatible.

Also, what about 98mm reloads???

I just have 1 CTI motor, a 4 grain 75, but I intend to get the long 24mm case. With the spacers it fills the bill for a G sized 24mm. I've got a bunch of 24mm motored rockets quite capable of using a G sized motor and the space to burn them. I think you can even push the G altitude record with one. I have a double set of Aerotech 29's and all the 38's except for the J570 case so I'm good there.

So CTI will be getting some of my money over the course of the year :)

There are only a few, and there's no way around Haz-Mat handling with any of their loads, no matter the size. Onsite purchase is the only half-economical way to fly them, unless you're made of money of course.
There is a way around hazmat.
Buy from me ;-) $35 is all you pay for shipping and no hazmat.

Really sorry for my ignorance. Pls explain what needs to be done to make them compatible.

98mm AMW loads are not currently in production.
Not now anyway.
98mm CTI and AMW cases have different ID's so can't be made compatible.
75mm CTI and AMW cases have the same ID so you can put CTI loads in AMW snap ring cases.

Last edited:
I just have 1 CTI motor, a 4 grain 75, but I intend to get the long 24mm case. With the spacers it fills the bill for a G sized 24mm. I've got a bunch of 24mm motored rockets quite capable of using a G sized motor and the space to burn them. I think you can even push the G altitude record with one. I have a double set of Aerotech 29's and all the 38's except for the J570 case so I'm good there.

So CTI will be getting some of my money over the course of the year :)

Sorry to hog the thread but.....
Dave, there are no spacers for the 24mm motors.
And we will swap those AT cases for CTI cases so you can have the ease of assembly of CTI.
If interested shoot me an email for details.

98mm AMW loads are not currently in production.
Not now anyway.
98mm CTI and AMW cases have different ID's so can't be made compatible.
75mm CTI and AMW cases have the same ID so you can put CTI loads in AMW snap ring cases.

REALLY!? So I can buy any 75mm CTI reload and drop it in my AMW 75mm motor and it works--same liner length, AMW nozzle, AMW forward closure, everything fits perfectly?

But it is still true that the only 98mm reloads I can purchase for AMW hardware (actually any snap ring hardware as Loki also doesn't have any 98mm reloads available) are Gorilla reloads, correct?

REALLY!? So I can buy any 75mm CTI reload and drop it in my AMW 75mm motor and it works--same liner length, AMW nozzle, AMW forward closure, everything fits perfectly?

But it is still true that the only 98mm reloads I can purchase for AMW hardware (actually any snap ring hardware as Loki also doesn't have any 98mm reloads available) are Gorilla reloads, correct?

Yep, take a look at the instructions:
https://www.pro38.com/pdfs/AMWPro75_Adapter_Instructions.pdf

And, yes, until AMW gets production back up.

There is a way around hazmat.
Buy from me ;-) $35 is all you pay for shipping and no hazmat.

A few F loads is going to cost 35 bucks to ship? That sounds like Haz to me.

Sadly, nobody at my club is a dealer. Best I can try for is to get people in on a group buy.

I'm still undecided on AT v. CTI for 38mm and maybe larger, but AT is definitely more economical for 24 and 29mm. In practice, I think I'll be flying those two most often anyway, simply due to costs.

EDIT: Oh, and does anyone have a chart similar to the Aerotech Reloads Chart for CTI?

Last edited:
One thing to ask, where does everybody else in your club get their motors? See if you can pop in on one of their orders.

Matt (who probably has the coolest dealer [Performance Hobbies] with God-Knows-How-Many-Newton-Seconds of AP in his trailer)
:rofl:

A few F loads is going to cost 35 bucks to ship? That sounds like Haz to me.
It's just that a lot of people don't understand.
We only charge $35 and a lot of people assume they have to pay $35 + hazmat.
The $35 includes hazmat.
Typically it costs me $37 for one F load so even with that you are saving money.
And as others have said, go in with other fliers and split the shipping.
On the other hand you can order 500 F motors and I pay the shipping :surprised:
OH, and what is this for? --->:cyclops:

Tim.... yes & no.

It requires using the CTI hubcap adapter, which is really a pretty cool gadget. Basically a CTI adjustable length forward closure. Since CTI loads come with their own nozzles, you use them with the nozzle carrier that comes with the hubcap adapter.I did a thread on how to use it awhile back;

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...mm-snap-ring-cases-Get-a-HUB-CAP!-How-To-info

You then can use the75mm CTI spacers also, and fly motors 2 grains shorter than the case would normally allow. Also great for flying EX motors...gives you an inch of adjustment for liner and grains.

So no with just a standard AMW or Gorilla front closure, but yes with the CTI adapter.

I have used it with both AMW & Gorilla cases & the CTI spacers in same, it retails for 50 bucks.

Tim.... yes & no.

It requires using the CTI hubcap adapter, which is really a pretty cool gadget. Basically a CTI adjustable length forward closure. Since CTI loads come with their own nozzles, you use them with the nozzle carrier that comes with the hubcap adapter.I did a thread on how to use it awhile back;

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...mm-snap-ring-cases-Get-a-HUB-CAP!-How-To-info

You then can use the75mm CTI spacers also, and fly motors 2 grains shorter than the case would normally allow. Also great for flying EX motors...gives you an inch of adjustment for liner and grains.

So no with just a standard AMW or Gorilla front closure, but yes with the CTI adapter.

I have used it with both AMW & Gorilla cases & the CTI spacers in same, it retails for 50 bucks.

Jim, thanks for the explanation. I have the hubcap. Bought it off of Tim just to get the nozzle holder for an M-Sparky I have loaded in my 75-7600 AMW motor. Been sitting there loaded for a while--plan on flying it at Thunderstruck.

Matt (who probably has the coolest dealer [Performance Hobbies] with God-Knows-How-Many-Newton-Seconds of AP in his trailer)
:rofl:
I doubt even God would know what's in that trailer :jaw:
Sometimes even a mannequin head :lol:
Ask Kenny that one next time you see him :)

If you are a club member (or just about in the same general area), get together here, or on an email list, or club meeting and order together. Get five people to order and all of a sudden the shipping and Hazmat are not quite as painful. Heck even two people make 15 bucks easier to swoller than 30. I know someone has to be trusted to get the shipment but in a club, hopefully that is not a big problem. Just make sure to make two or three choices for each load because inventories can be tough to match up to need.

JMO

Last edited:
I don't often have HAZ-MAT motors shipped to the house--I don't fly anything requiring them often enough to justify it: If I do, it's typically at a launch. Pre-ordering through AMW-ProX is great, though --show up at the launch, and Robert and Gloria have a bag there with my name on it. Of course, this doesn't prevent me from grabbing a few motors on-site anyways. Heh.

Later!

--Coop

Not to dote on CTI: But what is still amazing to me is CTI makes so many loads, in so many sizes. It can not be hugely profitable. At least it would seem to me. Certainly to do all those loads, in all those sizes and types, has to be a little bit of a labor of love.

It's just that a lot of people don't understand.
We only charge $35 and a lot of people assume they have to pay $35 + hazmat.
The $35 includes hazmat.
Typically it costs me $37 for one F load so even with that you are saving money.
And as others have said, go in with other fliers and split the shipping.
On the other hand you can order 500 F motors and I pay the shipping :surprised:
OH, and what is this for? --->:cyclops:

I understand perfectly. My point was that ALL CTI loads require Haz shipping. A great many comparable loads from Aerotech do not.

I understand perfectly. My point was that ALL CTI loads require Haz shipping. A great many comparable loads from Aerotech do not.
That's why we structured our shipping the way we did, to help give the flier a break.
Oh, and to get more customers of course :wink:

Not to dote on CTI: But what is still amazing to me is CTI makes so many loads, in so many sizes. It can not be hugely profitable. At least it would seem to me. Certainly to do all those loads, in all those sizes and types, has to be a little bit of a labor of love.

That and as a dealer to carry ALL those loads in stock :shock:
Jeroen, please stop with adding loads!!
OK, Unless it's cooler than the others.

Back