Rustoleum 2x GLOSS white

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scsager

Slightly burned-out old guy
Reaction score
Up until now always had pretty good luck with the 2x paint. Sprayed a nice first coat yesterday. Noticed the fins were a little dull - not very glossy like the airframe.

Decided to put on a second coat - paint comes out of the can like cheeze-wizz!!!

Sanded it all off. Changed to a different can - just to play it safe. Same thing again!!!. Can says GLOSS in all caps - not "popcorn ceiling texture paint" <sigh>

Will try again tomorrow - with Krylon.

DSCF2519a.jpg

Post deleted....evidently I can't read....my comment was about the new Krylon, not Rustoleum. :blush:

Last edited:
And to think SCSAGAR, you didn't even half to pay extra for that stucko effect like we did! LOL!

It's worked fine for me. Just finished my Polecat Thumper with Rustoleum 2X Gloss White.

IMG_20131026_034824.jpg

I like the Rustoleum 2x Painters Touch paints. I've used the Gloss White, and it was great. I did once have a can of Rustoleum fluorescent orange paint spray on with the texture of Cheez Whizz --- same color too! I sanded it off and bought another can and it was fine, but that was really annoying.

I too just used this 2x rustol paint, & found it clumpy at first(brand new), I got that can to work great again by just giving it a good shake for a FULL 5 min it seemed like forever but it then seemed alot smoother, All heavier pigment paints require a good shaking to avoid "clumping"

I'm not tossing the Rusto just yet. The first coat did seem OK. But I am feeling a bit time crunched. Today I put on 4 coats of Krylon "colormaster" which seemed to work OK. Might be ready for the vinyl from Stickershock Tomorrow or Monday. :)

DSCF2528a.jpg

DSCF2531a.jpg

Last edited:
Back