NB Rocketry HPR launch: Oct/12/2013 -- Personal Launch Report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketgeek101

Reaction score
I arrived at the field around noon. It was rather chilly at the time due to a strong breeze blowing though the air, but fortunately; the wind died down shortly there after.

First up was my Phoenix Set to fly on an Aerotech G40 White Lightning.

Hooking up the leads to the igniter:
IMG_2871.jpg

Launch!
SDC16305.jpg

Looking good...
Pheonix launch 2.png

CATO!... about 60-100 feet up.
Cato!.png

All things considered the rocket survived pretty well. The only damage (besides my pride) was some charring of the inside of the motor mount, and a frayed shock cord (I'm currently fixing that... Drilled holes on opposite sides of the airframe, and put a bar across to serve as the shock cord attachment point from now on. Also planning to repaint, and rename her (more details will be posted in the build thread.)

Here it is coming down under chute:
Phoenix chute.png

I'll be filing a Mess Report, and contacting Aerotech about a replacement.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next up was my Nike Smoke flying on a Aerotech G77 Redline!

Flight Prep:
SDC16306.jpg

Setting it up on the pad:
Nike pad 2.jpg

Launch:
Nike launch.jpg

Weeeeeeeeee!:grin::grin:
Nike going up.jpg

Great flight! Motor performed properly, and recovery was perfect. No damage to the rocket. According to OpenRocket it reached an altitude of 1567'.

My third flight was my Arreaux on an Aerotech G40 White Lightning.

Heading out to the pad:
SDC16328.jpg

Setting it up on the pad:
SDC16330.jpg

Starting up:
Arraux launch 5.jpg

Off she goes:
Arreaux launch 4.jpg

Up, up, and away!!!
Arreaux launch 3.jpg

Great flight. Recovery was perfect! Drifted quite aways, though. No damage to the rocket. Open Rocket says it hit 2251'.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My 4th flight was my Mini Eagle Claw on an Aerotech G80 Blue Thunder.

On the pad:
MEC on pad.jpg

Launch:
SDC16360.jpg

Here is how it landed:
SDC16361.jpg

Flight was perfect! OpenRocket say it reached an altitude of 2555' (my new personal record). No damage (other then a paint chip on the nose and one fin).

There were some other cool flights during the day.

A LOC Cyclotron lifting on off on an H motor:
LOCCYL.jpg

An upscaled Lazer-X flying on a K1440:
SDC16349.jpg

Recovery of the Lazer-X:
Untitled.png

Just to name a few...

All in all it was a great launch! That will probably be it for me until 2014...:(

Hope you enjoyed!

Sebastian

Looks like some great flights and a really nice looking launch field. Aerotech has been good with responding to failed motors the couple of times I had a problem with them (both were F42Ts)

Great report and pictures!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post. :clap: :handshake: Looks like you had a great launch!

Back