MPR Fantasy Scale -- AGM-625 "Basilisk"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the project I'm starting today. This will be my first post-as-you-go build thread.

The attached drawing is just the basic outline. I will probably change and embellish as I go, using the TLAR method.

Basilisk.jpg

I just now checked the thread from my home computer. When I read it earlier, I was using Forumrunner on my Android, and the resolution on the small screen wasn't enough to notice the 80k nose cone and 29mm mount.

Looks like a neat project. Subscribed.

Thanks.

The main tube will be 2.6" in diameter. And as I look at the drawing, I think I may want to make that main tube a bit shorter.

I like the looks of it as is. I wouldn't make it shorter, but that's just me.

I like that alot. If it were me I would leave it that length, but it's your vision.

I think the proportions are fine as is, but it's your rocket. I'd suggest sketching it out both ways before you commit to one or the other.

Nice lines. I like the X intersection of the top tubes(?) and the lower fins.
Glad to see you posting your builds.
I know you do some great work and are very inventive.

Basilisk.jpg

Last edited:
Great thing AutoCAD is. You can turn a sketch drawing into line art. I've liked the look of this from the get-go.

The ice has melted in me drink and my popcorn has gone stale........."Hello,is this thing on?"

The ice has melted in me drink and my popcorn has gone stale........."Hello,is this thing on?"

Sorry Scotty (and everybody else). A lot of sickness has swept through my household and rocket activities have taken a back seat. I have hopes that I can post some progress tonight.

SICK :shock: BUMMER!!! Sandy has been sick for a couple days..flu like issues.
Ya got a rear view? Fin placement? Bottom view? 4 fins around the tail?

I had intended to do 4 forward primary fins and 4 in-line secondary fins. Are you suggesting something else?
Not suggesting ...Im just not getting the layout of the fins and what looks to be wings (?)around the main. Hey, I can wait for the obligatory pic of all the parts.

Here is a pic of all the parts going into the build. I have also included raw materials I plan to use for extra detailing in later steps

9519093930_6975e193ae_b.jpg

Last edited:
Aint that a purty picture. Like being at the salad bar,where to start...
Have fun!

Really big screw head covers for playground equipment and the like?

Also, I love the all parts in one place picture. I don't buy anything more than the wood for the fins until I have sucessfully made, fiberglassed, bondo smoothed, and airfoiled the fins. I don't have the confidence that I can pull off everything I try yet. That, and I'm painfully unorganized about such things...probably the real reason actually.

Last edited:
Back