4" Colonial Viper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kandsrockets

Reaction score
4" Dia Colonial Viper. I will be doing this as a semi MK IV. Thanks to Salvage-1posting the picture of the different models. Still missing a few parts from the laser cutter. If there is enough interest I will do a limited kit run of these.

Picture.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin,if I can afford the 4", and if Scott releases one,I will sell you mine for what I paid,I will include decals,you pay shipping. C'mon Scott,quit teasing!!

Let him build this one first, so we all know it works. Then he can tell by the ooh's and ahh's just how much of a market there will be. Then there will be the post "who wants one". Then we all reply "Me pls....". Then sometime later we get a 4" one ourselves..

So.. C'mon Scott, quit teasing!!

I will do the 4" kit just might be the original upscale or this one. There is not a lot of differences but enough to make it look a little better in my mind.

Last edited:
Great news. I have enjoyed all the builds of your kits. I am looking forward to this after my deployment.

These unique rockets from estes past are great upscales.

I got the motor mount built and installed. Now I am at stand still till my parts get here from the laser cutters.

Picture 006.jpg

Here is some shots of the entire rocket as far as I can go till parts get here. I will be working on the nose cone to make it hold a altimeter. I will use a cable cutter to do dual deployment on this.

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Got my laser parts in so now I can start getting the inner tubes ready. Hope to get these installed tonight after work.

Picture 021.jpg

Got the inner tubes installed. Also dry fitted the fins that will get mounted later tonight.

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

Looks great Scott. Count me as interested if you move forward with a 4" kit.

That's a pretty nice setup for a nose cone altimeter bay. How is the fixed part being held in the nose cone? Just wondering because the nose looks like it's plastic and epoxy doesn't adhere to plastic very well.

I use 1/8" oak dowels into rear centering ring threw the shoulder of the nose cone.

I bought both. I plan to start with the a small one and work up.

Scott I love the NC av-bay. I've noticed a lot of them lately. I sure like the looks of yours over mine. Did you just modify one of your regular ones?.

Scott I love the NC av-bay. I've noticed a lot of them lately. I sure like the looks of yours over mine. Did you just modify one of your regular ones?.

The sled is made from one of our 2.64 av-bays. The rest is made to fit this nose cone.

Back