Lakeroadster's Colonial Viper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's the pot calling out another pot for being a pot.
Yes, I have reformed. High power arrogance now trumps oddroc scum! Go big or go home! No longer seduced by the dark side...although the thought of canted tractor motors in the kiesters of Reindeer on Santa's sleigh is intriguing. I will not fall of the mainstream wagon this time. ;)

I found these cardstock models https://jleslie48.com/bg/index.html
and tried to make a raider as a parasite/rear-eject chute recovery model. Not had a chance to launch it yet. I tried printing it on a silver metallic cardstock. My ink jet was low on ink, so the colors kind of came out funny. I made custom chute from a plastic bag and a Sharpie, inspired by the Der Red Max chute, it is rigged for a horizontal recovery to simulate a gliding descent under the chute. This would just hang on the back of a larger carrier rocket with a little tube that holds the chute.

View attachment 555584

View attachment 555585
Could it be flown as a saucer with a funky glide recovery?

Could it be flown as a saucer with a funky glide recovery?
Not the way that this model is drawn and how I built it, the sides are not reinforced well in how they are joined to the body for a saucer type of launch. It is all cardstock, no internal supports. I would not trust this structure for that. Also, I did not include any kind of motor mount. It could be modded for that probably.

Yes, I have reformed. High power arrogance now trumps oddroc scum! Go big or go home! No longer seduced by the dark side...although the thought of canted tractor motors in the kiesters of Reindeer on Santa's sleigh is intriguing. I will not fall of the mainstream wagon this time. ;)
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

Back