Clarkson University Active Guidance Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCP

Reaction score
https://windlab.sc.clarkson.edu/curocket/

I was sent this link to a Clarkson project I thought was pretty interesting. Maybe I can get a first hand look as Clarkson is my Alma Mater and I will be going with my older daughter soon to visit the campus as she is considering going there as well.

And while I am writing may as well mention - Uni Strut Airfoil Rail guides are in process, plastic came last night and I should begin cutting this weekend............will update on the vendor thread soon.

That's really interesting! The Co2 Reaction Control System is something i had imagined once; it's nice to see they have gone ahead to do it. It could be very interesting to put this as the last stage of a sounding rocket and use the fact that the RCS can provide control even in a vacuum; you could have a stabilized camera platform for some amazing images. I will remember to check how their launch went, it's barely in one month! Best of luck to them

Cool! Another Clarkson grad here, and my brother is there right now!

This isn’t so much a “Guidance System” as it is a “Stabilization System”.
If I’m not mistaken a guidance system, something that can/will direct a rocket to a predetermined destination, read TARGET!! is illegal on many levels.
Still, it’s pretty cool.

This isn’t so much a “Guidance System” as it is a “Stabilization System”.
If I’m not mistaken a guidance system, something that can/will direct a rocket to a predetermined destination, read TARGET!! is illegal on many levels.
Still, it’s pretty cool.

I wouldn't say "illegal" so much as "really heavily regulated" or even "strenuously regulated."

Hmm, yeah "stabilization" is more accurate .......... and less controversial....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back