Madcow rocket kit build question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genzod

Reaction score
I have the super batray 4 inch diameter kit , my question is , it says to have the mm sticking out 1/2 inch from rear cr, then it shows you putting it in air frame until its flush , but if you do that the cr will be in the slot where fin goes , and it specifies leaving that clear ? So do I just put mm assembly in as far as it will go up until the slot in airframe? That would mean the the mm tube will stick out of the rear end a little , do I not put rear centering ring on 1/2 inch in ? I do need I believe at least 3/8 an inch for my aerotech retainer ? Or both , thanks guys

on mine the fin slots end 1/2" from the end of tube, so the aft centering ring forward face is 1/2" from the end of the tube...however I didn't glue it on until after I had the fins in place and the internal fillets done(at which point I put epoxy on the mm/airframe tube/aft ends of the fins, and let the fins determine the final resting point). if you want to use an aeropac retainer I suggest not having the mm tube flush w/ the aft end of the BT (1/8" further back) hth
rex

My slots are a 1/2 inch from end too , but the ring itself is 1/4 inch so if I put it in per directions u will be short ? Ibthink I will put the ring flush w fins and perhaps the motor mount tube will stick out 1/8 an inch , that should be ok

I discovered the same measurement and diagram inconsistency in my MadCow Squat kit and adjusted the measurements to obtain the recommended outcome.

In the case of the Squat I made a few other small internal structural changes as well that will be compensated for by the nose weight that needs to be added regardless.

Like the Pirate's Code, the instructions are more like suggested guidelines, however, the relationship of CP to CG is the Law and is not lightly ignored.

Back