Estes Ventris (Heavy) - build idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
:surprised: My generous Secret Santa got me an Estes Ventris for Xmas. I put the motor mount together, and then started to prep the fins. At that point (about midday on the 25th) I was staring at the fins and thinking, "they dont look right for this model, too large". So, that started me down a slippery road of "mod it!".

Here is where I am now. The Ventris (Heavy). I think I am going to go with 29mm pods that don't eject. I would really like them too, but, it may be a little fiddley on this size of body tube (or not...)

Flight plan will be launching with a pair of 29mm outboards, in the range of twin G-80's or suchlike. When these burn out, light a pair of 24mm F30 Longburns. When these burn out, the central motor will fire up on a H54 Longburn (note: "longburn" on these size motors is a relative statement!)

yes, the fins are going to be replaced and/or butchered. Dont know when I am going to get this 'finished' but it's an addition to my 'winter builds'.

Ideas? Thoughts??

Estes Ventris Heavy.jpg Estes Ventris Heavy 3d.jpg

The mass just behind the transition is an approximation of an altimeter bay that I will stick there. The main will fire above the transition, the drogue at the rear coupler point.

Last edited:
Back