CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube_share;mu0hduEdOPs]https://youtu.be/mu0hduEdOPs[/video]

Charles,
Do you have a video? I have only seen a static test of one of these monsters.
How long would you guess that flame is?

Alex

Alex
It is in the Rockets Magazine video of the launch. You can see a brief look at it in their LDRS XXX preview at the 40 second point. It takes off like a minimum diameter not a 200 lb. rocket

And the flame was awesome. I guess it was probably 20 feet long

Charles

This is a picture of my full scale WAC Corporal at LDRS XXX in Argonia flying the first O25000. What a motor!
View attachment 103169

Charles Ogino

https://www.carolinacompositerocketry.com

That's really interesting - a marvelous solid fuel full scale model with four times the thrust but 1/10 the total impulse of the liquid fuel rocket it is a model of.....no wonder it took off quickly.

From wikipedia:

WAC Corporal sustainer
Empty weight: 296.7 lb (134.6 kg)
Loaded weight: 690.7 lb (313.3 kg)
Thrust: 1,500 lbf (6,700 N)
Duration: 47 s
Impulse: 67,000 lbf·s (300,000 N·s)

Grain Bonding:

Per CTI Pro98® Product Notes they recommend a foaming polyurethane glue such as Gorilla Polyurethane Glue or Elmer’s Glue-All Max. Thing is I've never been able to find the Elmer’s Glue-All Max till now, believe it or not I found it at Walmart. The web site says its 14.95 for a 4oz bottle, I paid 6.95?

I mention this cause I've read here that some (Myself included) had trouble with the Gorilla glue setting up too quick. From what I've heard the Elmer’s Glue-All Max gives you a longer working time.

In 2 weeks I'll be doing some grain bonding so I decided to give the Elmer’s Glue-Al Max a try, hopefully this time I won't break a bead of sweat in a panic.

View attachment 103416

Last edited:
SUCCESS L3 I BE.

HERE IS FREEDOMS PRICE on a CTI PRO98 6 Grain N2501 white this motor rocks for the full 6 second burn

L3 CERT.jpgL3 CERT CTI 98MM N2501 White.jpg

SUCCESS L3 I BE.

HERE IS FREEDOMS PRICE on a CTI PRO98 6 Grain N2501 white this motor rocks for the full 6 second burn

Congrats!:clap:

That's doin it in style, an 'N' motor!Cool!:cool2:

What was your altitude out of curiosity?

Arts malfunctioned no data recorded. Consensus is greater than 12k from those who saw the flight

Grain Bonding:

Per CTI Pro98® Product Notes they recommend a foaming polyurethane glue such as Gorilla Polyurethane Glue or Elmer’s Glue-All Max. Thing is I've never been able to find the Elmer’s Glue-All Max till now, believe it or not I found it at Walmart. The web site says its 14.95 for a 4oz bottle, I paid 6.95?

I mention this cause I've read here that some (Myself included) had trouble with the Gorilla glue setting up too quick. From what I've heard the Elmer’s Glue-All Max gives you a longer working time.

In 2 weeks I'll be doing some grain bonding so I decided to give the Elmer’s Glue-Al Max a try, hopefully this time I won't break a bead of sweat in a panic.

View attachment 103416

If you have helpers, it's not a problem. CCotner and I loaded our N5800 with help from a friend, and it took all of three minutes to insert the grains: one person hands the grains one at a time to the person who squirts a bead of glue around them, and the third person is there so that the grains can be forced in without the motor sliding away.

Also, bandman444: don't oversharpen your photos. The unsharp mask radius is small, which is good, but the amount is really high, which leads to unpleasant outlines on edges and grainy skies.

Here is video from my successful Level 3 cert flight, M1675-Pink, Nov.3 @ Plaster Blaster 11.
Wish I had a lift-off picture as the color of that flame was awesome.

[video=youtube;qGDtLxtOEfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGDtLxtOEfs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Darrel Kelley

Here is video from my successful Level 3 cert flight, M1675-Pink, Nov.3 @ Plaster Blaster 11.

Darrel Kelley

Darrel a great flight!!! Congrats on the L3.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jeff

I'm currently working on a 54mm min. dia. rocket to fly on the
CTI K300 / K260 reloads and can't seem to find info on the
thread size of the inserts in the forward closure. Can anyone
help me with this info ?

Thanks, Darrel Kelley

Do all the Pro54 forward closures have the insert or only the long burn loads??

Didn't even know the long burn had it.

My Rouse Tapped FWD Closure is 5/16-18 and I would assume thats what the CTI was since the Aeropack MD retainer comes with the 5/16-18 on it as well... I think the 38mm are 1/4-20 not the 54. But thats just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
My Rouse Tapped FWD Closure is 5/16-18 and I would assume thats what the CTI was since the AEropack comes with the 5/16-18 on it as well... I think the 38mm are 1/4-20 not the 54. But thats just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Thats why I said 5/16-18 in my original post. But Jeroen says 1/4-20 so I guess thats what it is.

I was wondering is there any plan for spacers for the pro24 cases?
If not why?

There are only 3 different Pro24 case sizes (no 2G, 4G, and 5G). Therefore spacers don't make a lot of sense. The cost of the casings would not be that much different from the cost of the spacers.

Jeroen

Excellent flight, Darrel, and congratulations again!

[video=youtube;qGDtLxtOEfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGDtLxtOEfs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Darrel Kelley

38mm H123 Skidmark

Video quality isn't the best on a cell phone, but I found my video camera for the next launch...HD too!!

That will be a 54mm J355 Redline!

[video=youtube;xVdHHbCvxfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVdHHbCvxfo&feature=g-upl[/video]

I didn't realize the forward closure of these motors had a threaded insert -- good to know! Makes it easy to spin in extra (backup!) retention on rockets that use 'em!

-Kevin

I didn't realize the forward closure of these motors had a threaded insert -- good to know! Makes it easy to spin in extra (backup!) retention on rockets that use 'em!

-Kevin

Especially if one were to forget to close a quick link...Hmmm, wonder who might have done something like that?:roll:

Back