Brazilian VS-40 Sounding Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montaro

Reaction score
I found the Brazilian VS-40 Cardstock Scale 1/48 https://www.ariespapermodels.nl/pdf/VS-40 Sounding Rocket-upd.pdf and definatelly should be part of my scale fleet.
1.jpg 2.jpg

This Small rocket looks nice and simple but have a good small details, i modified to use a A10-3T, 12" Parachute with center port, and the altimeter 2 close to the nose as you can see in the Open Rocket Desing have a 1.19 Stability the final weight without motor was 19 gr. so base in the Open Rocket should reach a 110 m., we'll see i think maybe 80 m.

I hope this weekend i can fly it !

I take some pics of the modifications, I didn't like the engine hook above the fins cause is not easy for display, i should do the display base included in the plans.

I use the tube coupler as shoulder
3.jpg

For Fins instead the multilayer cardstock i use a cardboard and create a cover .
4.jpg

Attachments

• VS-40.ork
    1.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I enlarged that model a bit and have flown it a LOT on 18 MM motors. You should have a fine flight with an unmodified version on an A10.

looking good! What type of cardstock & glue did you use?
I'm looking fwd to your flight report. ;)
Eric:)
ps- thanks for the link!

Last edited:
looking good! What type of cardstock & glue did you use?
I'm looking fwd to your flight report. ;)
Eric:)

Thanks !
I used 60 Lb Cardstock printed in a laser, Wood Glue in the internal joins and White glue in the external to avoid the yellow color.

Back