Rose-A-Roc Build, Lost and Found

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjennings

Reaction score
I bought a Rose-A-Roc from Fliskits back in December when they were released (I got production number 19) I finished it on Fathers Day and Flew it on the 19th at Space Port Rocketry's July launch. Wish I had a stop watch cause it flew far, and long, I saw it gain altitude at least twice before I lost sight of it. Farthest I've ever had to walk for a B6-4. I called no joy and headed back to the launch pads. One of the other guys said he came across it later after I left so I get her back at the August launch.

Think I stick to the 1/2A's in the future on this one unless I have a very large well mowed field.

Picture 1
the Rotor blades all monocoted, my little blue strips don't do much good when it's up a couple hundred feet and spinning downrange at a pretty good clip.

Picture 2
Top view of the airfoiled blades

Picture 3
The balancing / do these thing generate lift testing. My parents got me this wooden helicopter launcher at a craft fair years ago and it made for a great blade balancer and a way to verify lift.

Picture 4
Nose cone test fit

Picture 5
Nearly complete with blades fully installed

View attachment IMG_0002.JPG

View attachment IMG_0004.JPG

View attachment IMG_0003.JPG

View attachment IMG_0005.JPG

View attachment IMG_0017.JPG

Congrats on the flight (and the recovery)! :)

It's been a hoot at NARAM with folks buying them and building them on the tables right in front of the booth :)

I've seen a few fly already (including mine) and all have performed great. The B-HD contest event will be on Thursday and I expect to see a lot of these in the air.

Can't wait :)

Thanks Jim, Wish I could be there to see them all fly she's a great rocket. Although I have a vision of a Rose-A-Roc mass launch now.

Latest posts

Back