You Won't Believe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice photo of some rockets in crates. Oh, and some good pictures of a train, too. Just one slight niggle - in the last photo, the figure standing behind the train looks a bit out of scale. :D

Seriously, though - that has to be the most impressive modelling project I've ever seen!

That is really amazing. What might make it better would be if he flew a few model B-29's over the scene and dropped a few bombs on those Nazi B@$tards!

Glenn

How about B-17s instead . . . the B-29s were used exclusively in the Pacific, with the exception of one demo flight in the ETO.

Originally posted by zeke1312
https://www.onesixthcollectors.co.uk...opic.php?t=3989

OK, try

Lugerforum.com; message board, off topics, WWII german railway
You will not be disappointed when you see this! Best modeling I've ever seen.

P.S. If this does not work, I give up.

AWESOME! Now if someone would build a similar scale P-47 Thunderbolt or P-51D and strafe the train and the German Soldiers it would be even more awesome! :D

V'Ger

Thought you folks would enjoy and in some cases, drop your jaw after viewing this amazing feat. The builder is a genius! Oh, by the way, I am not making a political statement , just superior modelling.

amazing! did I see that correctly that its 1/6th scale?

those do look like the old GI Joe action figures (the original big ones)

the only thing that would beat that for train modleing is to see that kind of detail in HO scale!

WOW....can you imagine the fun youd have "playing" with all that stuff?!!

Holey Mackrel,

I am absolutely awed....

...Are you guys sure they're not scenes from the new
'coming soon to a theatre near you' blockbuster movie

'Honey, I shrank the Krauts !'

:p

Originally posted by stevem
amazing! did I see that correctly that its 1/6th scale?

those do look like the old GI Joe action figures (the original big ones)

Yup; the scale would be about right for those old 11 1/2 inch GIJs. You can get a feel for the scale on that picture with the builder standing behind the locomotive.

You probably wont believe this but...I thought those were "real" pictures not pictures of models. WOW!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ed Wagoner
You probably wont believe this but...I thought those were "real" pictures not pictures of models. WOW!!!!!!!
ME TOO! I didn't truly realize I wasn't looking at live-action shots until about the 8th pic when I first got a clear enough view of a face to realize it was plastic. The added fog truly obscures the scale.

That's the greatest worksmanship I've ever seen in my life! Think of how much time he must've dedicated to it.

Can you imagine how much that whole effort cost? Each one of those figures is around $25.00!

Way Cool. I thought I was looking at some guys doing a re-enactment until the closeups too. Bravo. Sometimes I wish I did trains as a kid.

Originally posted by akpilot
Can you imagine how much that whole effort cost? Each one of those figures is around $25.00!

actually, usually figures that detailed run more in the $40 range... companies like BBI and Dragon churn out some amazing guys like what's featured in those pics (I've got close to 50 1/6 scale action figures, from various producers)... cudos to that craftsman; I've seen some amazing 1/6 scale dioramas, but that takes the schnitzel... :D looks like I might have found a new forum to join. :)

Back