• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

You gotta be kidding me!?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What good would it be to anybody???:confused:

There isn't even enough good tubing left to attach a coupler and a new piece of tubing to.

I'd say you might as well just throw $10 into the trash.

Well, it looks like the quicklink is in good shape...:rolleyes:

Ten bucks for a piece of trash. Mind as well go dumpster diving.

CATO??? Thats nothing but a piledriver...from 1,500ft!

Johnnie

That looks like it would make a nice stylized flower pot. Just cap the motor mount tube and VOILA!

You see, personally I think you guys have no imagination. ALl you have to do is spend $20 for the trash, I mean fin can, dig out the damaged parts, epoxy in a series of vertical spars, epoxy a coupler to the spars and epoxy a tube to the coupler. Total cost, about $40.00 What a bargain. (don't forget to use massive amounts of epoxy)

buy it, sit it on your bench for a week and stare at it, it'll make buying that MAWD seem like a no brainer...:D

At least the seller correctly spelled it Cato instead of CATO. The word is shorthand for Catastophic Failure and can occur at any time during a motor burn (or failure to eject). Some folks incorrectly heard the trerm used on the range, and thought that it was an acronym, so they made up words that would fit (like "Catastrophe At Take Off). Well that is just plain incorrect as the failure can occur way up in the air and not on the pad AND rockets do not "Take Off". Airplanes "Take Off". Rockets "Lift Off" or "Launch", and if you get into a time machine and go back to the 1950's they can "Blast Off".

:D

At least the seller correctly spelled it Cato instead of CATO. The word is shorthand for Catastophic Failure and can occur at any time during a motor burn (or failure to eject). Some folks incorrectly heard the trerm used on the range, and thought that it was an acronym, so they made up words that would fit (like "Catastrophe At Take Off). Well that is just plain incorrect as the failure can occur way up in the air and not on the pad AND rockets do not "Take Off". Airplanes "Take Off". Rockets "Lift Off" or "Launch", and if you get into a time machine and go back to the 1950's they can "Blast Off".

Nah

CATO (vs Cato) has a few definition
  • Carefully Arranged Tree Ornaments
  • Crash Assess Tantrum reOrder
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Contraptions Accelerating Toward Orbit[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

Now if I still smoked, that would be one hell of an ashtray!!

Smoke free from 5/23/07!!

T

Good for you!!
Quitting is not easy.. I quit smoking probably a half a dozen times before I finally was successful.

The key is you did quit......I went through the same Bob, my wife signed us both up for cold laser treatments. Swore up and down it was too expensive ($750 each), not covered by insurance, and absolutely no medical proof that it works!! Well apparently something worked:surprised: after the second day I didn't even have cravings anymore. Still don't, go figure!

T

Boy, and I thought I was anal. Some people have way too much time on their hands....
:p ;)

Back