XMS xmas tree rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clicked on a "high powered" christmas tree video after checking out that one, which is far worse (although it's funny how the branches all snap back from the acceleration). I wonder if that one was inspired by these guys. At least this one basically flew and they appeared to take common-sense precautions, and even said do not attempt at the end. The big problem is they aren't really model rockets, so the code basically says don't do it no matter what precautions are taken. Plus, if there was a xmas tree rocket safety code, it would require the lights be working during flight ;) .

Other than that, festive :dark:

Also what motors are those? Impressive electronics module.

That was great ,nice stable flight (obviously Rocksim was used to check the CP/CG relationship and extra Christmas lights added to the forward section of the tree payed off )

I too would like to know what those motors were.

Now then ,that other piece of crap was just plain dangerous and obviously a simulation was not used ,but rather the old "hail Marry" notion was put to use.

Good fun all around though

Paul T

At our club, flying Christmas trees are a time-honored tradition. :D

[video=youtube;qhvk7mnZNdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhvk7mnZNdE[/video]

Not much of a race....more like a Drag Sit?

It would be better if one just waits about a month until the needles get really dry and then fly your X-mas trees at night. When the ejection charge/s go off it should ignite the needles and be quite spectacular. Kinda like the Hindenburg.

It would be better if one just waits about a month until the needles get really dry and then fly your X-mas trees at night. When the ejection charge/s go off it should ignite the needles and be quite spectacular. Kinda like the Hindenburg.

Now that would be epic !

Oh..the humanity !

Paul T

Back