X-37B launching on a Falcon Heavy 12/10/2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huxter

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
December 10 2023 @ 8:14 p.m. EST.

The X-37B usually launches on a Falcon 9 or Atlas. Why do they need 3X the power of the Falcon 9?

It's not enough for trans lunar injection - right? So maybe just some very high elliptical orbits of Earth then?

Ah man, I can see the launches from the end of my driveway. We've been in central Florida for about five months now and I have watch three of the Falcon 9's thus far. I was looking forward to watching one of the big ones but we'll be out of the state then. Bummed!

They got a Starlink launch off earlier this evening, so the lousy weather is gone. The Heavy is still scheduled for the 28th, along with a Starlink out of Vandeberg the same day. The Spaceflight Now commentator was noting that this was the longest time between SpaceX launches since April....all of almost 12 days. My how times have changed....

The Spaceflight Now commentator was noting that this was the longest time between SpaceX launches since April....all of almost 12 days. My how times have changed....
A new breed of space company’s are taking over the market. And spaceX is front and center.

"...primarily an orbital testbed for new space tech. "

Uh huh....Sure it is lol. You can't tell me its just a test bed. When that thing is in orbit it's screwing with other countries satellites.

"...primarily an orbital testbed for new space tech. "

Uh huh....Sure it is lol. You can't tell me it’s just a test bed. When that thing is in orbit it's screwing with other countries satellites.
What are the chances that it has a gun on it, That it’s “testing”.

What are the chances that it has a gun on it, That it’s “testing”.

Maybe. I'm thinking a can of spray paint. You could easily spray paint solar panels and the agency would have no clue why all of the sudden their sat is loosing power and altitude. Or heck, all you have to do is give one a nice little de-orbiting nudge and the ion thrusters a lot of these sats have on them will never keep up with the sudden descent. And how hard would it be to place a radio receiver on a sat to listen to all of its transmissions?

There are loads of possibilities...

Maybe. I'm thinking a can of spray paint. You could easily spray paint solar panels and the agency would have no clue why all of the sudden their sat is loosing power and altitude.
Space graffiti/tagging.

Launch window opens at 7 PM ET on Thurs 12/28.
Space X is targeting 8:07 PM for the launch.
Live feeds on X@SpaceX and SCD TV.
I love night launches.

Back