Wolverine upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonRocketry

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I have a limited supply of this kit and once they are gone there will be no more.

2.25” dia, 26” tall, 29mm motor mount. T70 heavy wall tubing, 3d printed nose cone, 1/8" baltic birch ply fins.

Comes with decals and motor retainer.

All you need is your recovery gear.

Weight 21oz

Chute recommended DR-4 or DR-H24

https://dragonrocketry.com/products/2-25-dia-wolverine
T70H_estes_wolverine.jpg

wolverine.JPG

Last edited:
Okay I have enough tubing left to do 4 more of these kits and that is it. I will have these ready later this week.

I have a couple of these ready and the rest will be done by tomorrow evening. I have a total 4 and that is it, there will be no more made.

Scott.. your killing me! Okay... had to have it! I added to the order a fin guide for the Black Diamond build. I think I got the right one.. .25 version?

Now can you take a LONG vacation so my bank account can recover!!! 🤣

Awesome Stuff!
This is nothing new. This kit has been on my site for a while. But I am not putting anything out new for a while except for the 4" Cherokee-E upscale that I just posted on the site. I am going to be working on getting some of the out of stock kits back in stock.

Hey Scott,
What's the nosecone made of, PLA by chance? Have you ever tried the Acetone trick to smooth out prints and do you recommend or not recommend? Or would you simply suggest the good'ol sanding method to smooth it out?

Hey Scott,
What's the nosecone made of, PLA by chance? Have you ever tried the Acetone trick to smooth out prints and do you recommend or not recommend? Or would you simply suggest the good'ol sanding method to smooth it out?
All my cones are made of petg. I use hi build primer and sand smooth.

The last 2 of these have been posted. This will be the last of these as I no longer have any more of this tubing and will not be getting more.

Scott, I have a question, if you don't mind.

How do you recommend attaching the kevlar shock cord to the motor mount.

I have stainless aircraft cable, and aluminum crush/crimp ferrules, I was thinking a stainless loop epoxied behind and thru the front centering ring, up to another loop inside the body tube, with the kevlar tied to it, with a swivel at the nose cone. Does that sound right? Is there a better more effective way?

Thank you!
Steve

Scott, I have a question, if you don't mind.

How do you recommend attaching the kevlar shock cord to the motor mount.

I have stainless aircraft cable, and aluminum crush/crimp ferrules, I was thinking a stainless loop epoxied behind and thru the front centering ring, up to another loop inside the body tube, with the kevlar tied to it, with a swivel at the nose cone. Does that sound right? Is there a better more effective way?

Thank you!
Steve
Take a look at the picture below. The piece of kevlar is to mount you harness to. You will need to file a groove in the top CR to go over the kevlar when mounting the CR to the motor tube.
IMG_1213.jpg

Hey Scott,
I received my kit today! OMG the box was HUGE! Again, your are killing me, how am I to hide this from my spouse! 🤔 Technically it was the add-on stuff that required the bigger box. I got to say, super packing job!

This kit looks so amazing! I couldn't resist and had to started some basic sanding and prep work. One question, this will be my first rail setup, do you have an idea where CP might be, I figured from my quick research, I would put the forward button just ahead of CP by like an inch, and the aft button, just inside the rear CR, so about 1 inch from the bottom of the airframe.

Also, with my next order, I am going to bug you for a Dragon Rocketry sticker for my launch box! 😁 While at the launch field, Discount Rockets had a sticker of yours on their wall which is what gave me the idea!

Thanks again!

BTW, I think I have picked out my next Dragon Kit.. so don't sell it out just yet! (I won't say which one because then everyone will want it!) hahaha

Last edited:
All I have done so far is sanding the centering rings to a nice slip fit onto the motor tube, and into the body tube.
I ordered a fin jig from Scott yesterday made special for the Wolverine, a 10' harness, and a 30" chute. I am super happy with my kit as well.

Hey Scott,
I received my kit today! OMG the box was HUGE! Again, your are killing me, how am I to hide this from my spouse! 🤔 Technically it was the add-on stuff that required the bigger box. I got to say, super packing job!

This kit looks so amazing! I couldn't resist and had to started some basic sanding and prep work. One question, this will be my first rail setup, do you have an idea where CP might be, I figured from my quick research, I would put the forward button just ahead of CP by like an inch, and the aft button, just inside the rear CR, so about 1 inch from the bottom of the airframe.

Also, with my next order, I am going to bug you for a Dragon Rocketry sticker for my launch box! 😁 While at the launch field, Discount Rockets had a sticker of yours on their wall which is what gave me the idea!

Thanks again!

BTW, I think I have picked out my next Dragon Kit.. so don't sell it out just yet! (I won't say which one because then everyone will want it!) hahaha
Hello,
As for rail button location, I just drill and tap into the centering rings and put my rail buttons there. Not sure where they got a decal from as I have never done any Dragon Rocketry decals. It is on my list of things to do this winter.

Thank you for your support.

Hello,
As for rail button location, I just drill and tap into the centering rings and put my rail buttons there. Not sure where they got a decal from as I have never done any Dragon Rocketry decals. It is on my list of things to do this winter.

Thank you for your support.
Oh, the hardware makes since now! I was wondering why the hardware didn't have some form of nuts. LOL.

Wait.. and there is a special fin jig that I could have bough too?! :D I made an assumption that the fins are all perpendicular to the airframe. I can do that reasonably well for tubes 3" or less with the good'ol guillotine fin alignment tool unless they are not at 90 degrees to the tube. 🤔

I will have to take a picture of the sticker I saw in the vendor truck. I swear it was your logo!

@Wrightme43 : I was having too much fun working on this last night, so I moved onto the motor mount. I have the forward CR and cording done and ready to be mounted into the airframe!

Attachments

• Wolverine Motor Mount.jpg
    Wolverine Motor Mount.jpg
    950 KB · Views: 0
Scott said I would need a special fin jig for the Wolverine. The normal ones he makes would not work.
Yup because the fins are at 0, 45 and 100 degrees. Normal fin guide is 0, 90, 120, 180, 240, 270 degrees

Ok, then, I'll do it myself. Also, just wondering, in my 3" laser lance kit (great kit btw), the shock cord that came with it was 2 feet long and I had to use my own- how did that happen?

Back