Wile E's Been Done To Death... How About...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, let's see. I'd 3D print Sylvester, with a bit of a though to hold the rocket. I'd make his wings from birch ply and probably attach them to his arms using threaded inserts in the plastic as well as some epoxy. Make the rocket on his back separately and pretty normally, then epoxy it into the trough. Insert motor, push the button, and run like hell.

Now if I could only figure out how to make this work...

View attachment 495799

But not have this happen...

View attachment 495801
And end up looking like this...

View attachment 495800

I think with a few minor mods, I can make a boost glider out of that. Extend the stick forward to help with ballast location to give it a workable CG, add some rear fins for stability.

Even easier if you make it based on a Skyrocket with a forward mounted motor, above the stick.

A very good lawyer might be able to bring a huge dangerous/defective products suit against ACME. I mean, every one of their products seem to blow up prematurely. The only thing that works as expected in the entire ACME catalog is the anvil, which seems to come packaged as a parachute. The giant rubber band and roller skates worked, but the problem is that roads in the western USA seem to end at dangerous cliffs.

And when he peels himself out of that track... Wham! #3 gets him, and stops... midway over the top of him...
Then the sprinklers slowly stop spraying, while they are pointed at the track, leading to a river of water flooding it... and bubbles from poor Wile E.

Fun fact: Acme was the name of a company that made a lot of equipment used in producing cartoons, so using the name was an in-joke for animators throughout the business. They started making equipment for the war effort and the government's missile development program in the 1940s and 50s and the company has since been known as Photosonics.

https://www.photosonics.com/company_history.htm

Back