why the bmp 280 altimeter showing false result

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asadnemer231

Reaction score
why the bmp 280 altimeter showing false result and whay it varies continuously after each disconnecting and connecting. im using teensy4.1 as microcontroler

the bmp280 gives you a measurement of air pressure. If you are getting a false report of altitude, look at your program. Also understand that sea level hPa is 1013.25. This is just a average and may be affected by anything altering the barometric pressure where your arduino is, including the venting design of the ebay and it's susceptibility to wind gusts

thanks for your reply.
i used the bmp280 standard example so i dont think the code had problem.

update: if changes the default altitude number to my local altitude every thing will be corrected

Last edited:
update: if changes the default altitude number to my local altitude every thing will be corrected
First things first. Is the pressure in Pa calculated from the BMP280 correct to your local barometric pressure? You may have to get that from a local weather station?

I did not notice whether the pressure was right or wrong but the problem is that the altitude varied in same place in time frame about two hours as it apears in attached files

Attachments

• Capture01.JPG
    Capture01.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 0
I did not notice whether the pressure was right or wrong but the problem is that the altitude varied in same place in time frame about two hours as it apears in attached files
That is normal. Weather (barometric pressure) changes.

Good job. It working!

Latest posts

Back