Who makes custom centering rings?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek

Reaction score
The title pretty much says it all. I'd like to get some centering rings laser cut out of plywood for a 4" pvc rocket.

Got any suggestions?

A local cabinet place had a laser cutter but they went out of business before I got a chance to use them. Bummer.

Thanks for any leads!

Derek

UpscaleCNC can do parts for you, I don't run a laser but instead a cnc router. The router can do thicknesses that lasers have a hard time with ( at reasonable costs, that is!). Feel free to PM me here, my website creation seems to keep getting pushed back! I will get in touch promptly

Nat Kinsey
UpscaleCNC

Hi Nat,

Cnc is fine too. I don't care as long as the finished product matches what I drew!

What file format(s) can you work with?

Thanks for the response,
Derek

I can also make custom/standard rings, baffles, centering rings, fins etc. My CNC limits are 44" x 15"

Latest rocket project: (Mid powered motor mount/retention subsystem and baffle subsystem built in)

IMAG0609.jpg

Check out my side business Fabbug

Hi Nat,
Cnc is fine too. I don't care as long as the finished product matches what I drew!
What file format(s) can you work with?

I can take a DXF file, probably easiest if you want to go that route. I can also just take a dimensioned drawing as a PDF and redraw it in my CAD/CAM, or you can even say "make me a ring to fit PML 54mm airframe tube and then be 4.020 on the OD." Or Rocksim and Openrocket. If you really want to be fancy, Vectric VcarvePro files. Do keep in mind that we're looking at tolerances around .005 or so, it's wood we're cutting... :)

I limit out at about 42"x42".

Nat

Last edited:
Back