when do you count as a BAR?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I got my first rocket on my 5th birthday. For about 2 years, I built up a motley fleet of LPRs. Then, I basicly quit rocketry. Every so often, I would dig the rockets out, fly them, and put them away.

Then, about a year and a half ago, I became intrested in rocketry again after not flying at all for about 5 years.

So, am I a BAR?:confused:

Or, are BARs all over 40?

I'm 27 and I'm a BAR. Age isn't a factor. Were you a rocketeer at one time who stopped for a length of time? Are you getting back into the hobby as serious or more than you were? I'd say you'd qualify as a BAR if you answered 'Yes' to both questions!

g-train

And you can become one several times over... I started when I was in my teens, had to stop when I was in the Air Force, then restarted in my early 20's and had to quit by my mid 20's (finances). I'm back again, and I'm now 44.

And you can become one several times over.
Many severals. I started in my tweens (the word did not exist then). Built and flew until I found something more fun (girls). Then more school. Started again in Air Force. Stopped from the result of girls (marriage, mortgage and kids). Kids grew, so we built and flew. Kids kept growing (found girls). Grandkids came, we built and flew. Grandkids grew up, moved away, etc.. Retirement: Wife says, "Honey, you need a hobby." Translation: "Get out from underfoot!" I will be forever grateful. She will never forgive herself.

Mike

Model rocketry is the boomerang hobby. You can always throw it away, but sooner or later, it'll smack you up side your head again. You can have small episodes of comebacks now and again, but you know you are a BAR when it becomes a bit of an obsession, and not just a part time activity.

Started in 1972 or so. Got interested again in 1975 or so. Re-entered the hobby in 1979 and joined NAR. Went to college, graduated, came back to the hobby in 1985. Disappeared, then came back in the late 90s. Then left and came back last year.

I may be a BARBARBARBARBAR or simply an addict.

Back