What's Your MOST launched rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THis one is a strange question for me. In the beginning I launched the living crap out of my Big Bertha and chopped that thing down so many times. It still sees action and it is the reason I want to get an 18mm RMS. If I am going to fly BP motors Bertha will be the first on the pad and a couple more times during the launch day.

Since I got more into the reloads and more powerful engines the L1 test daddy is my most flown. It has takes a beating and has a couple new fins. It is my test of anything because I am so afraid of using my L1 Big Daddy now. I sorta cherish that one.

GORLAXIA has seen a bunch of sky and now all 4 fins have been replaced. A great flier and I love him / her

It flies so good and I am so proud of the build. For now it is a workhorse that I cannot wait to fly till I lose it. It just begs to go straight as hell every time.

ALL PRAISE GORLAX

It just seems that I keep having a rocket that gets used every time as I progress through the hobby.

Last edited:
For HPR, it's Ludicrous Speed, a 3" Wildman DD. It's my 'go-to' rocket and has flown on everything from a small J to an L. It's been repainted 3 times (so far) due to a CATO and transportation damage.

LPR, probably my daughter's Big Bertha, 'Pinky Z'.

IMG_3661.jpg

I had a LOC Onyx that over 5 years flew 116 times. I started marking one fin with successful flights and ended up with all the fins full of marks. She was very battered toward the end. I did replace the chute several times and the recovery line, but other than a heap of soot she still flew good each time.

Chris

My Gyroc clone has flown 52 times since I started keeping records. It probably has more flights, but I don't have a clue how many.

My old Big Bertha, I don't know how many times but its quite a few but to be fair every part of that rocket has been replaced at least once so I don't know if that qualifies as one rocket.

41 flights on my Mega Goon Super Snooper, an Estes Goonybird Star Snoop that I upscaled with a Fat Boy back in 2001. I just flew it at NARAM last week. All of the ejection charges over the years have made everything inside the body tube very brittle, so there's a good chance it will be in for work pretty soon.

Those rockets look really cool
love the paint job on the Bertha!

I've got a patriot, and It was my first rocket actually. Not the most flights-about 10 by now- but my most repaired. new chutes, repaired fins, repainted, etc.

I don't know what caused me to keep count on my Alpha. It wasn't my first rocket but it was probably my first really carefully built and finished rocket. I launched it three times the day of it's maiden, all on A8-3's and I just kept counting after that. I had some B and C launches in there and it was a pretty big deal to me at the time when I got to number 50. Wouldn't you know that would be the day I would lose it.

I have lost count at this point, but I have a 10 year old PML Amraam 2 that has successfully flown somewhere between 120-200 times. Since '08 it has pretty much seen a steady diet of 3 and 4 grain H motors. The only damage it has sustained is a cracked fillet on one of the canards and that was when it fell over in 2003 before it had even flown!

I hung my first BMS School Rocket in a tree over a creek on its 49th flight. I have a couple of other models that are getting there. I have a Nova Payloader that's had 42 flights. It's on its third 'chute and at least second shock cord....but some of those flights have been on D10s which take it to over 1700 feet. It goes to every launch with me and usually gets flown at least once.

Sprint '73

'nuf said. :)

In 2005 I enjoyed watching Vern Estes push the launch button on flight #500 (Gleda flew flight #499 moments earlier). I then gave the rocket to Vern explaining that I was disappointed in the product as I got 500 flights but wouldn't get 501, so I was returning it to the person who sent it to me. lol

Flying mostly on A8-3 motors, she was completely stock except for the streamer, shock cord and a one time replacement of the launch lugs.

In her 30+ years she flew 73 miles and used up over $765 worth of motors.

What a hoot!

Currently, it's an Estes Super Neon XL that I modded with an additional 8" of BT as well as a 29mm motor mount. 9 launches and counting...

SuperNeonXL.jpg

Last edited:
The Estes Explorer Aquarius has the most flights for me. For some reason I really like the looks of this

Explorer Aquarius.jpg

My L3 rocket Speedy Gonzales. The below photo is it's 41st flight at LDRS. I flew it again Saturday to make it 42 now. 6- L flights the rest were M motors.

Speedy.jpg

Tony

The glider in my avatar has 19 flights on it and counting, G through I motors. It's happiest on I49s.

Ari.

I'm thinking my Delta Wedge was the most flown. Not sure how many, but I'd fly it at every just about every launch. Doesn't get really high on C6-5's. I packed her a little tight last flight and the tube broke(not sure how to explaine, lets just say she ain't flying again for a while! I may be able to fix it. My Estes Patriot and Der V-3 has a fair amount of flights(the V-3 and Delta Wedge are 80's built rockets).

Back