What to do in San Diego ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a great time. When I saw the rollercoaster at Mission Beach the first thing I thought of was Wildwood NJ. We only walked a few blocks one afternoon so I can't say the comparison holds up but saw lots of bars and tattooed 20 (30?, 40?) somethings. :).

Yep that sounds like the Shore...I guess things have gotten more stereotyped after that MTV show...

One of the hotel clerks explained the large number of homeless this way:

All of California seems to be a Mecca for the homeless...where we are, there are a large number of "homeless by choice(?)" types, who don't seem to have a problem squatting in houses and panhandling and hanging around for a while (sometimes a long while) and then moving on. They kinda give the poor working homeless a bad name...

Looking east from Point Loma: North Island NAS and Coronado Beach, San Diego and the Laguna Mts. beyond
View attachment 264079

Careful, the NSA might think you are a terrorist, taking all those sensitive photos of sensitive, national security related interests :dark:

Back